• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quick question

How long have they lived there for and how new is the dog. If it is a new dog you do not want to be one of those prick neighbors and start complaining and calling the cops cause never know when it is going to happen to you or there is stuff you do already they people blow off which can change give the people time to break the dog in. Now if this keeps going on and on and on then that's a different story and go talk to them

Remember it isn't the dog - it is the owner(s).

Dog will act and behave however it has been trained (or not).

Sounds like the owner(s) needs to spend some time with the dog and work with it.

Had a similar situation years back. Pissed us right off - barking all damn day and evening. Eventually went over to the owner and asked if they planned on working with their new dog or if they were going to just give it away when they couldn't take the barking. Told them might only take a week of consistent training and the dog would be different. They actually listened and the dog stopped barking after they worked with it.

I have a dog and several neighbors have dogs, they all bark at one time or another. One night we had a stray in the neighborhood (I saw him during the day) well he must have been around that night because Kobi was barking all night and some a$$hat called the cops. I can tell you the neighbors dogs bark more than Kobi but the stray must have been by my house. I kept him inside at night a few days and he has been outside since, stray gone, no issues.

As a side note his barking has decreased since he got snipped too.

Don' be the prick who calls the cops off the bat. Talk to the neighbor first.

Don' be the prick who calls the cops off the bat. Talk to the neighbor first.

Sound advice, handle it at the lowest level possible, escalate it if they don't comprehend. Consider discussing it with surrounding neighbors and or the homeowner's association if you have them.

Call it over to the fence, and mace it! Well, at least spray it in the face with a super soaker.
Man we'd have some SERIOUS TROUBLE if ya Maced My Dog. You would not want to begin to think what My Revenge would be. Believe me you Wouldn't Like it, and you'd never prove it. #1- First and Foremost the Problem is the OWNER not the Dog. Be a Man and Face the owner with the Problem, and that means in a Civil way. If that don't work, a call to Animal Control or the Local PD usually get's their attention Real quick. I've dealt with it Several times here. And I always come out on top. Some People just shouldn't own Pet's.

Two things to try.
#1 Hang a white towel over fence, deck rail, or from a tree that the dog can see. Usually shuts them up.
If #1 doesn't work then go to #2.
#2 Hang a light near where dogs lives with switch near your bed, each time he barks turn on light, go outside, beat hell out of em with stick, then go back inside turn off light. After 2 or 3 times all you'll have to do is turn the light on and go back to sleep. Works every single time.

Two things to try.
#1 Hang a white towel over fence, deck rail, or from a tree that the dog can see. Usually shuts them up.
If #1 doesn't work then go to #2.
#2 Hang a light near where dogs lives with switch near your bed, each time he barks turn on light, go outside, beat hell out of em with stick, then go back inside turn off light. After 2 or 3 times all you'll have to do is turn the light on and go back to sleep. Works every single time.

You have issues. Questions? See #2

Squirt bottle of water with a little ammonia in it. My dad came to visit one day and asked me how I could stand the dog barking next door. I told him I have tried everything. 15 minutes later and one squirt through the fence., problem solved

Back
Top Bottom