Quick rant on vehicle sales

Some sales guy told me the cheap furniture I was buying was an investment. I snapped back at him real quick, "It's not an investment, it's a depreciating asset." Shut him up real quick.

People saying they have $xxx "INVESTED" in _________ vehicle. Ummmm it's a vehicle, and there are literally thousands and thousands just like it... It's not rare, it will never be rare, or more desirable than it is new... It will never ever be worth more than it is new... If you genuinely think it's an INVESTMENT, then I feel awful for you and your financial advisor.

Just because you have thousands invested in the stock configuration doesn't make it worth thousands over the blue book. GET A CLUE!!!

Sorry but a custom paint job on your GSXR does about as much to the value as a stippled Glock.... Zero

End rant
FLAMES ON A YUGO= BIG$$$$$$

I've hurt more than one guys feelings in recent years when they start telling me how much they spent on wheels and stereo equipment. I usually just go " Yeah so do you have the original factory stuff? Cause we really don't want this other **** you added."

280px-Plymouth_Superbird.jpg

I recently sold a truck for $6,000 over loan value to a buyer that was 100% financed..... (handed me a check for 22k)

Trucks don't really book price period. They are very fluid. Way over book price when fuel is cheap and under when fuel tops 3.50 gal.

My 2001 F250 7.3 has lost less value over its life than my wife's 2013 Escape.

Its exactly like custom guns on here.

And no, Porsche 911 Turbo will never be worth more than you buy it for unless you somehow bought for way under value or it has some rare trait someone wants. (Year, color, options) Luxury cars depreciate rather quickly.

Back
Top Bottom