• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quick review on Mountain House dehydrated food

I would love to take you up on that, I saw a vendor at the recent show in Cumming but the bucket sized meals werent for sale individually to try out. How can we go about getting a sample?

I do not sell the actual packages that come in the buckets, I give those away as samples. We do have outdoor meals that come in individual packs, though. And all I can say about the product is try it before you make up your mind. You simply cannot find a food product made up of real meals that is this competitively priced, as convenient to store, as easy to transport, and stores as long as the Wise Food product. That is why I went into this business, it is a great product. PM me with any questions you have or to request a sample. Thank you.

Scubaman sent me a pouch of the wise lasagna to sample. Easy to make, just add boiling water. It was pretty good, and the wife and kids said they liked it as well. The kids said it tasted like hamburger helper.

The next review: Mountain House Scrambled Eggs and Bacon

This is the single serve pouch version. Overall opinion: not really impressed.
Opening the pouch, I removed the oxygen absorber and shook the pouch to see the food. Lo and behold another oxy-pack surface. That would not have been good had I dumped in the water and went to 'eatin.
I added the water and let it do it's thing. You have to drain the water from the pouch or you just have soup. This is a pain in the rump to do without pouring out part of your food with the water--especially while it's hot.
The eggs: very surprising-the eggs were the consistency of firmly cooked scrambled eggs and had the right texture. Taste? I really don't know as the bacon bits and added "smoke flavor" COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED the taste. It was more like eating hot moist bacon bits rather than scrambled eggs. It didn't taste bad, mind you, especially if you like smokey bacon. BUT it's one small serving, priced about the same as a two serving main entree. This will not be part of my emergency food stores.
I would have been just as well off buying a bottle of bacon bits and boiling up a bowl.
Scale of 1 to 10 = 4

Next up on the review schedule, Mountain House beef stew.

So I tried the sample Rick sent. It was good. I don't like the fact I have to cook it in the pot, and you can't zip the pouch up if you only want to use half. having to cook it in a pot means more to clean up. The mountain house you pour the water in the pouch, mix it, close it and eat out of it, which i like. 25 yr shelf life is great, and the price is very attractive. let's face it, if the shtf, I'm gonna eat it to sustain. brought some over to my buddy next door and he liked it. so, i guess after christmas we will be looking to get one each. i think it's a good investment.

If you are going to buy Mountain House in #10 cans, here is the best deal I have seen on them. It is a package of 18 cans for $340. That is a discount of 42% from the price on the Mountain House website. You have to be a Costco member which is an annual fee of $50. Since it's a package deal, you don't get to chose the cans. This deal sold out last month fast, so jump on it if you are interested.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc..._Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

Back
Top Bottom