• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Range day at Wilson Shoals

That's a change. The last time I was there (years ago) convinced me to pay up to join GMSA in Eastonollee.

Jerk RSO who called "range hot!" with two guys downrange. He said I was shooting my pump shotgun too fast, but didn't mind the guy to my right doing quick draws from a cross draw rig with his black powder pistol, sweeping me every time.

Also stopped you from shooting at 10 til 7pm so a local homeowner wouldn't complain.

The sad thing is this range is 12 minutes from my house, if the train catches me. GMSA is about 30 minutes away, but our range goes out to 300 yds.

Yes, the RO told me too many people said it was a violation of their privacy, and now you just sign in, time, and what category you are shooting. He also said be prepared to show it if an official asks to see it.
FUDDS

I show my FREE lifetime license every chance I get.. Since I got, never been checked on the water. :wacko:

That's a change. The last time I was there (years ago) convinced me to pay up to join GMSA in Eastonollee.

Jerk RSO who called "range hot!" with two guys downrange. He said I was shooting my pump shotgun too fast, but didn't mind the guy to my right doing quick draws from a cross draw rig with his black powder pistol, sweeping me every time.

Also stopped you from shooting at 10 til 7pm so a local homeowner wouldn't complain.

The sad thing is this range is 12 minutes from my house, if the train catches me. GMSA is about 30 minutes away, but our range goes out to 300 yds.
Does GMSA still require an NRA membership?

NRA membership required. Sounds really difficult to join GMSA. You need 3 sponsors just to apply and at least 2 to join you on first monthly club meet.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I went and shot there once with a member I know a few years ago. He was telling me all that you had to do. The killer for me was when he said that they used the pistol bays almost every Saturday for competitions. Pistol shooting on Saturdays would be 90% of my intended use for the place.

Yeah, I went and shot there once with a member I know a few years ago. He was telling me all that you had to do. The killer for me was when he said that they used the pistol bays almost every Saturday for competitions. Pistol shooting on Saturdays would be 90% of my intended use for the place.
Wilson shoals is def a great option. Havent been since they reopened but it was always a great experience when I went. When it got busy on weekends they had a 45 min rule but besides that everything else was great

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

The pistol bays aren't being used for competition EVERY Saturday, but they are taken by competitions alot. Other ranges are used for competitions frequently as well, so one really has to check the calendar before heading up.

This isn't much of a problem for me, as I usually go during the week after work, or when the weather is cold, hot, or raining. I'm not very social, and most people don't go shooting during anything but perfect weather. I'll happily sweat a little if it means I don't have to talk to anyone. I don't typically go to the range to shoot the bull.

NRA membership still required because they get insurance through NRA.

The current rules for joining are a bit much, in my opinion. Luckily I joined years ago; the rules were different then and nobody at the club knew me (see the antisocial part).

Come shoot some matches up there on Saturdays.

Back
Top Bottom