• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Range Day

outlaw1961

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
86   0
Reaction score
due to an ongoing lower back problem, I haven’t shot on my range in about three months. So yesterday I decided I needed to get some practice in. Took 600 rds of nine and the following pistols. Cz p10c, cz p01, Smith mp 2.0 compact, Sig macro with red dot and a Glock gen 5 17. Decided to take it slow and just practice slow fire at the 10 yard line to work on fundamentals since it had been awhile. The pO1 and the p19c were very good in the accuracy department followed by the Smith 2.0. The sig with the Holosun was decent but I have got to adjust the red dot. It grouped well but was 6 inches low at 10 yards. Now here is the kicker. Glock 17 was four inches to the left. It is so strange to me that at other pistol I shoot can be to point of aim but whenever I shoot the Glock I push it left. tomorrow I am going to take 300 rds and just the Glock and figure out why this is happening. Here the other thing my Glock 21 was my duty weapon and I always scored 100 during qualifications. Maybe I just push my 17 sights to the edge of the slide and call it a day.

Conventional wisdom would say that you're changing your grip and increasing the pressure of your fingers as you shoot (assuming you're right-handed).

That happens to me because the ergos of Glock grips don't work for me and I have to adapt my grip wile I'm shooting, but of course, YMMV. Also, your experience with the Glock would make me think you've developed some kind of compensation if that is the issue.

Back
Top Bottom