Range Report, First Impressions Windham AR15

RugerRob

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
92   0
Reaction score
Went to the outdoor 75 yard range today setup targets at the 25 yard burm and 75 yard burm. I was pleasantly surprised the first 3 shots at the 25 yard target with iron sites were only 1" at 11:00 off from being dead center of the target! Made a minor adjustment and was dead on. I'm getting old and with my progressive lens glasses the iron front site and rear on the carry handle were okay at short range. I was able shoot very nice inside the 1 and 2 rings on most my targets from a supported bench position. The Windham operated flawlessly and shot smooth as glass, trigger felt fine (single stage), no issues with the PMC .223 55gr ammo as far as feed and eject.

Moved out to the 75 yard targets and was able to put rounds in the targets and managed a few bulls but the groups opened up a bit due to operator and his vision with progressive lens glasses. I like irons, always have but if I want to see tighter groups at farther distances I'll definitely need to scope it. Saw a guy there with a nice 300 dollar Burris scope on Burris mounts and it was excellent looking through it, I want one!

Shot the Ruger 22/45 Lite very accurately with the bushnell TRS-25, 25 yard no problem nice tight groups. Not one issue with FTF/FTE or anything and I shot at least 300 rounds through it today, the bushing to delete the mag safety really is nice when operating the pistol.

Friend I was with had a SUPER nice FNH-45, really enjoyed shooting it, extremely accurate pistol, operates flawless, shoots VERY well, nice nice 45 auto pistol! Marlin mod 60 was dotting the i, even did well with my LCP at 25 yards today, couldn't believe how well I was shooting it. Had a great time with a fellow ODT member and it was really a perfect day.

First outing and impressions of my Windham AR15, love it, great fit and finish, accurate, well balanced, flawless operation as it should be. Very happy with the purchase, so much fun to shoot, need to get me a 1000 round can of ammo for it and try some mag dumps! :D

WindhamS.jpg

Last edited:
The owner who previously owned Bushmaster opened this new company and hired all the employees that Bushmaster laid off when they moved after being bought out by the Big Corp folks. The guy is standup and the warranty on these rifles will transfer to a new owner if someone sells it. Great rifle, great company back in the original town where Bushmaster started, but now even better as Windham!!!!!!!!!

Excellent report by the way!!

Back
Top Bottom