• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How old were you when you first fired a gun?

The earlier kids are taught gun safety and respect for firearms, the better…. most kids are naturally curious about guns…. especially handguns.

I was 8 when my dad introduced me to and gave me my late granddads Model 11 Remington 20 ga….

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very nice

I can't remember not having a pellet gun growing up it was my go to entertainment, I was about 8yrs old when I fired my first real gun I remember it today like it was yesterday it was a blued mini 14 with wood stock.

Lever BB rifle @ 7. I got a 410 Stevens single shot at 9. I think that was my first firearm I shot. Grew out of that pretty fast. My Dad had my Grandfathers old single shot 12ga, full choke. My Dad was a pretty big guy. It left a big black and blue bruise on his shoulder every time he pulled the trigger. He was using high brass. Anyways I stayed away from a larger shotgun till I was @ 21. Had a 12ga from then on. I did learn to shoot a 410 pretty well though.
I think learning gun safety early on is key. I've know some to teach their kids as early as 2 or 3. But I think that's too early. But gun safety is another thing. My Brother in Law taught his daughter pretty early @ 5-6? He bought her a stainless Bearcat. Holster and all. I remember her carrying that when we went to the woods when she was 5 or so. She still says that's her gun. I know her and Dad have gone shooting plenty of times. She's @ 26 now.

Shot 2. A 12 gauge behind the house. Don’t know brand. Ol man was behind me. Remember the bang today. Second was a .22 Winchester. I still got it. 30 years later. The good ole days

Shot a Remington 22 single shot at about 5 or 6. Missed because it was too big. When I was 3 my grandpa took the bolt out of his Steven’s model 15 and let me drag it around the house. It is a small stocked rifle so I learned to handle it. Grandpa died when I was 4. I got it when I was around 17. It’s hanging on my wall now. It’s worth millions.

At about 8 I had a bb gun, followed up a couple of years later with a .22 By the age of 14, I had a .22 and a shotgun and was allowed to shoot the old man's .30 carbine

Back
Top Bottom