• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How old were you when you first fired a gun?

20240404_232744.jpg

Eight. And it was these two right here. A Sears bolt action 410 and a Sears single shot 22. The old man pulled off the side of 41 in Kennesaw, walked 10 feet in the woods and some old beer bottles ended up having a bad day. Seems like yesterday, but I wouldn't try that today.

I really can't remember exactly. We were still in Virginia at that time ( where I was born and raised) and I had to be around 7. It was a single shot 410. I got so mad when she gave that to someone else. It was chrome or nickle plated with black furniture. I was in Ohio for the Blizzard of 75 and I was born in 67 so under 9 I know for sure. I shot a pie tin with it. I was hooked. Guns, guns, guns was all I asked for every holiday. It wasn't long after that I got my Glenfield Model 60 in Wooster Ohio after the move..

I don't remember, but it was a 22 and I still have the gun. Probably 5 or 6 and this was in 74 or 75.
You were a late bloomer yeah! It's still invigorating no matter what age you are. When I was growing up in Virginia guns where a everyday part of life for my mom's parents and siblings. So I picked it up early. Hell it doesn't matter though because it grabs you by the short hairs and you're hooked for life. From then on out it's just a financial tornado. Just vacuuming up that money whenever you get spare dime. LOL

4. I had my first gun at 5. My father was an avid hunter and shooter and I took to it naturally. I learned on my great grandfather's old Steven's single shot 22. Moved from there to a 357 colt wheel gun and a colt 1911. Never optics until my late 20s.

I wish I had those 4 year old eyes again.

4. I had my first gun at 5. My father was an avid hunter and shooter and I took to it naturally. I learned on my great grandfather's old Steven's single shot 22. Moved from there to a 357 colt wheel gun and a colt 1911. Never optics until my late 20s.

I wish I had those 4 year old eyes again.
Brother I know what you mean! I am 15 ft. away from my 42 in flat screen and I can't even read the info on the show description. I have to get up half the time to read it. Second, sitting here trying to look at the phone screen I can hardly read what's on it without glasses on. My sister sends me the box of them when she orders them. They do the job. Basically what I'm trying to say is I can't see anything 15 ft away and I can't see anything three feet away all the other distances I'm good. Except for super long distances. I can't see 300 yard plates for nothing unless they're painted in some kind of fluorescent orange paint or something like that. I guess we just have to put up with it. Getting old sucks but we can't stop it. Just get a higher power scope. LOL

Back
Top Bottom