• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Re-Re Question....

Spas-12 Owner

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
NRA Instructor and Chief RSO
565   0
Reaction score
I have GI FC brass 5.56 that I am trying to reload. I was able to get the primer out, But unable to get the new primer in. I am thinking I got the wrong primers.

What primers should I get? or is there a special tool I need? I have heard that military primer's are not the easiest.

The primers I have are CCI small rifle primers. I got the primers at BB in Jasper. They looked in the book and that is what they said to use.

What am I doing wrong? Any help is needed....

Thanks
Spas-12 Owner.

I had several thousand cases of military to do and to tell the truth that isn't a fun part of reloading for me. I have the RCBS swager but it is a tedious task so I sent them to a guy in Texas for processing and final cost was a little less than .04 per case. Well worth it to me. I now have a very large amount of sized brass that is ready to load. I won't have to do it to that brass again and the guy did a great job on the processing.

New brass, once fired commercial brass, and friends that have brass and don't load is easily found now. Right after the 08 elections .223 brass and bullets were in short supply. I used an RCBS swagging tool for opening the pockets on about 1k of nickeled crimped brass. I had another 1k that I put in the recycle bin a while back. I got burned out fooling with it. Midway had nice new Lake City brass for less than $150.00/k. Someone must be selling Remington ammo cheap, because I've picked up a pile of it lately. It ain't crimped. Life too short to fool with the military stuff. If you a enough of it, take Fuelman's advice and send it off for processing, if not it's bringing $1.50/lb when I last checked at the recycler, and move on to the next project.

Back
Top Bottom