• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Real country music

What many people don't know is Atlanta was actually the "birthplace" attributed to country music.

I'm not arguing with you, but I find it difficult to call anywhere the "birthplace" of country music. Country music like so many genres is a combination many roots. Country has some roots in folk, gospel, Scotts/Irish ballads, bluegrass, blues, plus some sounds of its own like Hank, the Carters (themselves a combination of folk and gospel) etc. Just thinking out loud.

I'm not arguing with you, but I find it difficult to call anywhere the "birthplace" of country music. Country music like so many genres is a combination many roots. Country has some roots in folk, gospel, Scotts/Irish ballads, bluegrass, blues, plus some sounds of its own like Hank, the Carters (themselves a combination of folk and gospel) etc. Just thinking out loud.

I agree. I'm not from ATL, but rather eastern KY in the Appalachia where bluegrass is currency. But I agree with your sentiments. I just meant most people think Nashville is the birthplace of country music...which it is not.

Most all of what's called country today is either pop or southern rock ...

Probably 2 guys that sing today that still sing country music are George Strait & Allen Jackson ...

Back
Top Bottom