Really LOVE my Steelers

My comment was more reminiscent of my long time loyalty to the Steelers. All things considered, you are right...the current team is who has to contend. Even so, there is some value in the history...any team would have to consider the psychological implication of history.

Bryan, I wasnt talking about your post. I have been a Steelers fan since I was 2 and met Bradshaw. I am more into Steelers history than I would like to admit.... I have been talking about history in regards to all the blow hards on sports media all week. They have to fill radio and TV time, but it's a here and now scenario.

No disrespect to your comments at all. I will wear a different Jersey every day this coming week in honor !!!

Klarktx, I didn't take it as a slight. I'm right there with you. Jersey time!

What kills me is all the "fad fans" who shift loyalty from year to year. I've stuck with my Steelers through thick and thin. My parents bought me a Franco Harris Steelers jersey for christmas in '75 but I swore allegiance when my cousins were hardcore Dallas fans and "hazed" me (they were older); I retalliated by being the antagonist and pulling for the Steelers. LMAO, hell I even remember my cousins and I having sleep overs and they would wear Dallas Cowboy pajamas and I'd wear Pittsburg Steelers pj's.

I grew up east of Dallas surrounded by Cowboys Zombies. I was always the enemy.

Band wagon fans have been around for ages. All the old Packers fans from Favre days have come back out now. Freaks.

Well, I can't disagree with the papers today, it can be difficult to win a game when you give away 21 points. Aside from the turnovers, I thought a couple of the coaching calls made by Tomlin were questionable. For example, the 52 yard field goal attempt in the third quater was a terrible strategy in my opinion. And, while I forget the exact time of the play, I still can't get over the attempted passing play the steelers ran on 3rd and 2; the pass was incomplete forcing a punt on 4th and 2...this was clearly a poor play call.

Even so, it was a good game to watch overall.

Still a Steelers fan!

Back
Top Bottom