• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reciprocity with SC, Va, and WVa?

herebyproxy

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
34   0
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what is keeping us from having reciprocal agreements with these three states and why it doesn't seem to be much of an issue to the carry organizations here in Ga? I think it is imperative that we reciprocate with as many as possible, especially the Southern States.......any thoughts?

Those states require a training course to qualify for your weapons permit. So as far as those states are concerned GA permits do not meet their training requirements.

VA is a Gold Star Open Carry State.

GA's reciprocity agreement is simple: Your state allows GA license holders to carry in your state, GA will allow your state's license holders to carry here. GA has reciprocity with 26 states.

So there isn't anything we can do here in GA to get us the ability to carry in other states.

Yup. That's all there is to it.
There are other states that require training for their requirement, that still reciprocate with GA's permit. It falls on them to allow us to carry there. Michigan is one state that does that comes to mind that I know of.

GA's reciprocity agreement is simple: Your state allows GA license holders to carry in your state, GA will allow your state's license holders to carry here. GA has reciprocity with 26 states.

So there isn't anything we can do here in GA to get us the ability to carry in other states.

Yes.

Last edited:

You can apply for a non-resident permit for VA. which would then give you reciprocity with all the states that VA has (including S.C.)

You can apply for a non-resident permit for VA. which would then give you reciprocity with all the states that VA has (including S.C.)

:nono:

SC does not give reciprocity to non-resident permit holders, only resident. Trust me, I visit SC frequently and short of living there or living in a state which has a reciprocal agreement with SC, carrying is legally impossible.

SC does not give reciprocity to non-resident permit holders, only resident. Trust me, I visit SC frequently and short of living there or living in a state which has a reciprocal agreement with SC, carrying is legally impossible.

I believe if you own land there you can get a license.

Back
Top Bottom