• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reciprocity with SC, Va, and WVa?

from what I was told by someone from Ga. Carry unless I misunderstood if you get a Fla non resident lic.you can carry in S.C.

I can't find it now, but when I looked into getting a Florida license to carry in South Carolina I read that they do not honor non resident permits. Only honor Florida permits if you are a permanent resident.

Found this:

http://www.ccwusa.com/ccw-permits/multi-state-ccw-permit/

Florida Permit: $112.00 *State Fee [good for 7-years] *- Valid in 31 States:*Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming

Last edited:
I can't find it now, but when I looked into getting a Florida license to carry in South Carolina I read that they do not honor non resident permits. Only honor Florida permits if you are a permanent resident.

That's what I was referring to earlier...SC only honors resident permits in reciprocity. Here's the pertinent bits:
South Carolina does not issue non-resident permits and non-resident permits are not recognized by South Carolina, whether or not South Carolina has established reciprocity with the other state, because South Carolina law allows recognition only of permits issued to residents of the reciprocal state (SC Code Section 23-31-215(N)).

That's what I was referring to earlier...SC only honors resident permits in reciprocity. Here's the pertinent bits:

Yup, that's it...I hate it because my in laws have a place on lake Hartwell and I can't CC. maybe I can get them to sell me a 1'x1' piece of their property. Lol

Last edited:
My father has a non-resident property owner permit in SC

Out Of State Permit Issue:
The State Law Enforcement Division must issue permits to carry handguns to a person who is a resident of South Carolina, or a non-resident who owns property in South Carolina, or military personnel on permanent change of station orders.

Last edited:
My father has a non-resident property owner permit in SC

Out Of State Permit Issue:
The State Law Enforcement Division must issue permits to carry handguns to a person who is a resident of South Carolina, or a non-resident who owns property in South Carolina, or military personnel on permanent change of station orders.

not sure if I am reading you correctly "rom"

Yup...looks like owning land or living there is the only way to carry in SC :pout:

Back
Top Bottom