• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommend a Range Finder

I got one from work as a gift well over 15 years ago. It's a Bushnell (I'm sure models have changed 15 times since then) but it has never missed a lick and repeatability is absolutely perfect.
Great thing about electronics, they just get better and cheaper every year.
Happy shopping. It's a fun toy for sure.

be used in the deer woods.Where I hunt now I did borrow a range finder and ranged out to 105 yards as the 2 longest shots and some 60 to 80 trees also.It was fun to play around and guess distance though.@crippen

Nikon, Bushnell, Leupold.. have some nice ones under 230$. I've used a Nikon for 3 year across the US up to 1000 yards (never took 1000 yard shots) but the Nikon was always accurate ranging.

Leica is the only one I've owned that has ranged accurately out to the 1600 max under all conditions. I brought a Nikon, Leupold and Halo out to Colorado, couldn't get a consistent accurate return past 350 yards with those 800 / 1000 yard rangefinders. The Leica works fine, every time, out to 1600 yards. I saw them recently for about $450, so higher end of your price range, but you'll never need a better one. If you want a good deal on a Leupold, Halo, or Nikon, PM me. :cool:

Had a Nikon for a few years and got rid of it cause I didnt really use it anymore. Never had any issues with its accuracy, but it had an illumination feature that was terrible. The led was too bright and washed out everything.

Back
Top Bottom