• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reduced engine power warning

Was the icon flashing?
I agree. The fault might be in the TPS, but the issue could be something related.
The flashing icon in other cars means to pull over now.
(Raw fuel in the cats from a coil pack)

I have also read about the sensor that is in with or attached to the pedal possibly getting wet and causing problems.
Your correct, the ecu looks at dual outputs from your pedal and sends the position to the tps. If the rvdts read different (+\- i think .5 mil volts) the ecu would also go to the limp home mode being it doesn't know where you want the position to be and limit your speed to about 25/30 mph.
The most cost effective replacement would be the tps.
Do not go with one that is not oem or suitable. If you crimp on wires it could change the resistance across the crimp and create false readings, and trigger false codes.
Tps is a good bet and/or you could clean and reconnect your pedal rvdt connection.
Just My thoughts.

Just remember, electrical gremlins get worse with age. Corrosion sneaks into all connections and causes increased voltage drop, causing the ecu problems.

Had a little gremlin get in the fan connection on my car. I thought something was wrong with the A/C, it wouldn't cool. (No cooling fan= No cool air.)
Come to find the connection for the electric fan had some corrosion. Cleaned and treated with anticorrosion spray and she's good as new.

Had a little gremlin get in the fan connection on my car. I thought something was wrong with the A/C, it wouldn't cool. (No cooling fan= No cool air.)
Come to find the connection for the electric fan had some corrosion. Cleaned and treated with anticorrosion spray and she's good as new.

I keep a tube of dielectric grease on hand, and it goes on every auto electrical connection I touch, including light bulbs.

Going to replace this tps sensor today.
Thought I would try to find out if this thing is on left or right side.
To me it looks like it's on left but most videos show on right.
This is it isn't it?
IMG_0660.JPG

Did the code reading problem get fixed ? Knowing the codes is the key to the fix, and it'll have to be done if you ever need an emissions cert.

Back
Top Bottom