Reloading Bench Pictures

oneill

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
I'm gonna build a reloading bench soon. I've been scanning the internet for ideas/plans etc. to see what works and what doesn't. If ya'll could post up pics and/or plans for a reloading bench that'd be awesome so i could get ideas for what i wanna build.

I don't have any pictures of mine handy...and now it is buried under reloading supplies. But I can tell you how I built it.

I used the Simpson Strong-Tie workbench kit from Home Depot, 2X4's for the legs and shelf framing, and a solid core wood door for the top. I wrapped the door on 3 sides with 2x4's to keep things from rolling off the back or sides of the table. I bolted the press through the door with a steel plate on the top and bottom.

It's about 6 feet long...and about 33" deep...and HEAVY...which is good. My table doesn't wobble around when I pull hard on the press lever.

Here are some pics of mine....

i664.photobucket.com_albums_vv7_wwboater_9d92d34d.jpg

i664.photobucket.com_albums_vv7_wwboater_c01d3b8d.jpg

i664.photobucket.com_albums_vv7_wwboater_DSC04073.jpg

I don't have any pictures of mine handy either, but I went to Sams and bought a set of the heavy duty storage shelves that they sell. I think they are made by a company called Gorrilla Shelves. I then attached a piece of 3/4 inch plywood the same size as the top shelf but with about a 4 inch over hang on the front. I shored up the overhang with 4x4's on each end. I've been using it for about 5 years without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom