• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading Questions

The trick with the non-radar ones is setting up in the right lighting scheme. Or you’ll get inconsistent results.

Radar is advantageous in this.. but I’d cost prohibitive. Not something I’d spend the coin on for practical pistol shooting… but if I were shooting PRS… I’d be more inclined.

Update and things a newb learns quickly…

• First of all, having the LED light under the toolhead is a game changer
A44EDD9C-11D4-4254-AC7A-361801ADC582.jpeg

• Second - this thing is awesome. I loaded about 25 rounds this evening after getting everything adjusted to my liking…using it first as a single stage and indexing a single round thru the stations and the man going full progressive. I can see how a rhythm could get you a decent amount of rounds per hour
CF0198E3-B25F-4002-A6E3-33F32DD74CDD.jpeg

• Lastly - I need a bullet tray for efficiency…
All rounds except for one passed the case gauge test…I’m assuming that case and primer are a lost cause, should I pull the bullet?

I’ll do a plunk and spin test tomorrow in the barrel of my EDC.

So pumped…now I just need a few thousand more primers and bullets lol

You’re

No. You take a loaded round, drop it in the chamber… spin it around (it should spin freely) and drop it out.

If it doesn’t spin freely or drop straight out of the barrel without assistance… you’re loaded too long. The bullet is touching the rifling of the barrel. This is something a case gauge doesn’t check.

You’d need to shorten your OAL in that case.

If it spins freely and drops out… you’re good to go for OAL.
Not my thread but thank you.. I’ve just learned something.. but I’m new to this also

Back
Top Bottom