• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Repowering!

4 Stroke is a gift to boaters...No more injection for oil in fuel, no more mixing of fuel and oil..More reliable, I would use a fuel Tender and fill it with Ethanol free fuel and Stay-Bil...Also I would when done, Turn the fuel feed off and let it run out of fuel..Going out into the gulf, I would always have a kicker motor..Just in case...Lord knows I miss the Gulf...Good luck and tight lines!
That's the thing. They are saying a kicker motor is no longer needed. That's how reliable the new motors are. :shocked: :thumb:

That's the thing. They are saying a kicker motor is no longer needed. That's how reliable the new motors are. :shocked: :thumb:
I have friends that have both Honda and Yamaha 4 strokes,,It blew my mind at how well the preform...One had a 36 foot Contender with 3 big Yamaha's, he could get to the gulf before the Bertrams could get to the reef. Bad ass and I miss the trips out of Tybe.

I have friends that have both Honda and Yamaha 4 strokes,,It blew my mind at how well the preform...One had a 36 foot Contender with 3 big Yamaha's, he could get to the gulf before the Bertrams could get to the reef. Bad ass and I miss the trips out of Tybe.
I am sooooo looking forward to my trip to St. George in May.

I'm curious to find out what the top end will be. With the old 115hp it was right around 32mph. That's not bass boat fast, but it's moving along pretty good.

I'm curious to find out what the top end will be. With the old 115hp it was right around 32mph. That's not bass boat fast, but it's moving along pretty good.
I bet it’ll bump it up to ~45 mph or so, not sure what size/kind of boat you have but I’d guess it would add 15 mph or so. 45 is probably screaming in the gulf or am I wrong? I’m a bass fisherman and my boat will run 72 but I couldn’t imagine running that in the bay or gulf or prettymuch anywhere other than lakes. Lol

LOL,, don't believe what they say,, they still break down, don't ever let your batteries run down,, the motors are all electronic,, you will still need 4 stroke oil to add to the motor. They are a world better then the two stroke and better on gas

I bet it’ll bump it up to ~45 mph or so, not sure what size/kind of boat you have but I’d guess it would add 15 mph or so. 45 is probably screaming in the gulf or am I wrong? I’m a bass fisherman and my boat will run 72 but I couldn’t imagine running that in the bay or gulf or prettymuch anywhere other than lakes. Lol
I can't imagine running 72 on Lanier!

I can't imagine running 72 on Lanier!
My tournament partners boat will run 90 and we got up to 86 on Lanier one time last winter during a blastoff. Keep in mind winter though so it was like glass.

a few years back me and a buddy was in his older ranger and we were running 60 ish and the steering linkage broke and jerked the boat at a 90 degree angle to the right and slung is out... lol. We were on carters that day and was lucky he had the kill switch on, if not the prop would’ve got me.

Back
Top Bottom