• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Resturant/Bar carry question

You can carry. The BBQ joint owner should want law-abiding gun toters in his establishment. There are no signs on the entrance stating otherwise, right? Riding a bike with a rifle slung on your back is a great idea, a scabbard on the bike, even better. A gun in public should not raise an eyebrow unless someone is "brandishing" which means pointing/acting aggressive. No, police do not have to right to question/detain someone simply for having an exposed firearm in public. Please copy and paste this link. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdEbe7e9GE
Thanks for the information and thanks for the manner in which it was presented. My comments were not directed at all who have an opinion on this topic but rather a few individuals who I knew would show up once I commented on the young man's post that started this thread. I'm attempting to link an article from this Months Chiefs periodical. Although the article does not address people on bicycles with long arms it does address officer protical and the Supreme Courts rulings on obtaining ID in both traffic stops and from pedestrians. When I have the opportunity I will send you a link via pm should you be interested in the article. That said. Be it right or wrong if I have an unknown individual with a rifle on his shoulder wondering through my neighborhood or riding a bicycle on a busy street I doubt that most officers (if any) are going to just wave as they drive by.

Thanks for the information and thanks for the manner in which it was presented. My comments were not directed at all who have an opinion on this topic but rather a few individuals who I knew would show up once I commented on the young man's post that started this thread. I'm attempting to link an article from this Months Chiefs periodical. Although the article does not address people on bicycles with long arms it does address officer protical and the Supreme Courts rulings on obtaining ID in both traffic stops and from pedestrians. When I have the opportunity I will send you a link via pm should you be interested in the article. That said. Be it right or wrong if I have an unknown individual with a rifle on his shoulder wondering through my neighborhood or riding a bicycle on a busy street I doubt that most officers (if any) are going to just wave as they drive by.

I'm curious, do you disagree that the mere presence of a firearm does not constitue RAS or PC?

Back
Top Bottom