• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rifled slugs through choke tubes

fastcarsgofast

Default rank <1000 posts
Ford Crown Victoria Ball Turret Gunner
103   0
Reaction score
I’ve been told two different things over the years and internet research has failed to clear it up. I’ve been told that improved cylinder is the tightest choke you should shoot slugs through and I’ve been told modified is also safe. Help me out guys, I want tight patterns with shot loads, but also want to be able to put a slug down range when needed.

I’ve been told two different things over the years and internet research has failed to clear it up. I’ve been told that improved cylinder is the tightest choke you should shoot slugs through and I’ve been told modified is also safe. Help me out guys, I want tight patterns with shot loads, but also want to be able to put a slug down range when needed.
From what i understand any regular choke is fine Full, Modified, Improved Cylinder for a rifled slug. Just as long as its not an XX-Turkey Choke you should be good.

Assuming you mean thru a smooth bore shotgun barrel, not a rifled barrel, IC or Modified best. At best maybe 60-80 yards for accuracy...

I experimented with different chokes in the Benelli M2 Tactical I used to have. I found that the Modified choke gave me the best balance of tight groups with 00 buckshot and accuracy with slugs. As always, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom