• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

River Trip

Well... in real estate an owner of property owns up to the shore(on navigable waters)... if you just pull over on the shore you're good. You will be no longer be in federal waters
Not entirely true, I have a house on Lake Eufaula (Walter F. George), up X feet of the bank is Corp property, you have to get permits for damn near everything including grass cutting to the water & they enforce. I'd say check with a phone call, they will tell you for certain.

Not entirely true, I have a house on Lake Eufaula (Walter F. George), up X feet of the bank is Corp property, you have to get permits for damn near everything including grass cutting to the water & they enforce. I'd say check with a phone call, they will tell you for certain.

Lakes are different than moving water in Georgia. Creeks, rivers, and streams are owned by the private landowner, if it is the property line then it is to the middle of the stream bed. However even some ponds and lakes have private property lines through them. Corps property was built with the "buffer zone" and they own it.

And technically even the Chattahoochee has parts not considered commercially navigable. Georgia historically equates navigable by being used for commercial traffic. My understanding is that the Altahama and Savannah rivers are the main ones in Georgia.
And if memory serves the St. Mary's as well. I did quite a bit of research on it and remember reading a report that does account for some of the lower Chattahoochee to be considered historically navigable because of the past use of logging barges.

Unlike Alabama who considers all water and ground below that water to be State land, Georgia recognizes personal property rights and the right of the owner to restrict access.

(These are states rights and not to be confused with Federal EPA regulations)

1667eb8be60b9102.jpg

Careful on them rivers ...lol

Lakes are different than moving water in Georgia. Creeks, rivers, and streams are owned by the private landowner, if it is the property line then it is to the middle of the stream bed. However even some ponds and lakes have private property lines through them. Corps property was built with the "buffer zone" and they own it.

And technically even the Chattahoochee has parts not considered commercially navigable. Georgia historically equates navigable by being used for commercial traffic. My understanding is that the Altahama and Savannah rivers are the main ones in Georgia.
And if memory serves the St. Mary's as well. I did quite a bit of research on it and remember reading a report that does account for some of the lower Chattahoochee to be considered historically navigable because of the past use of logging barges.

Unlike Alabama who considers all water and ground below that water to be State land, Georgia recognizes personal property rights and the right of the owner to restrict access.

(These are states rights and not to be confused with Federal EPA regulations)
The post I was responding to was referring to Corp waters and the attached bank, I stand by my reply from personal experience dealing with the Corp. When in doubt call them.

Back
Top Bottom