• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY discussion with SPOILERS

I was talkin bout remakes and such last night. I know most "remakes" suck, but I think with todays CGI and such...a remake of Hellraiser would be freakin awesome.
Yeah, they can definitely do some cool CGI stuff these days. I just hope they don't decide to go back and **** around with the original trilogy again like Lucas did back in the 1990's. It was cool to see them on the big screen in 1997, but all the changes sucked. Especially the Han and Greedo scene.

They need to just concentrate on using all their CGI tricks on new movies and leave the old stuff ALONE!

Do you have a dim outlook on life?
Nope. I have a reasonable expectation that the story line will be believable, avoid obvious fails, and includes enough individual details to make me believe the people who are behind it have actually seen the other films in the series.

And not just storyboarding a series of scenes and arranging the script to facilitate the process.

Includes enough credible details in a military action to think that they was some expert advice on military actions. Not just pray and spray jihadists pulling the trigger.

Think about it. The blind cleric had already demonstrated the kung fu blind master ability to take out a unit of imperial forces. What would your thoughts on the movie be if the blind cleric had closed his eyes, raised his hand, and the "master switch" 20 feet away had slowly moved from to the on position?

A little bit better than mumbling the force is with me....

Its not in the script.

Nope. I have a reasonable expectation that the story line will be believable, avoid obvious fails, and includes enough individual details to make me believe the people who are behind it have actually seen the other films in the series.

And not just storyboarding a series of scenes and arranging the script to facilitate the process.

Includes enough credible details in a military action to think that they was some expert advice on military actions. Not just pray and spray jihadists pulling the trigger.

Think about it. The blind cleric had already demonstrated the kung fu blind master ability to take out a unit of imperial forces. What would your thoughts on the movie be if the blind cleric had closed his eyes, raised his hand, and the "master switch" 20 feet away had slowly moved from to the on position?

A little bit better than mumbling the force is with me....

Its not in the script.
From my understanding, the blind guy didn't have any Jedi training so he didn't have the ability to use the force to throw the master switch. Most of the Jedi had been killed 20 years or so before this movie, and the few that were still alive were in hiding.

If you want to talk about unbelievable, think about A New Hope. Luke is a farm boy with no military training or knowledge of the force. Then he meets Obi-Wan and a day or so later he's flying a state of the art star fighter into combat with a squadron of seasoned vets and manages to make a one in a million shot that destroys the most powerful weapon in the galaxy.

Not exactly believable, but still one of the greatest movies ever made.

From my understanding, the blind guy didn't have any Jedi training so he didn't have the ability to use the force to throw the master switch. Most of the Jedi had been killed 20 years or so before this movie, and the few that were still alive were in hiding.

If you want to talk about unbelievable, think about A New Hope. Luke is a farm boy with no military training or knowledge of the force. Then he meets Obi-Wan and a day or so later he's flying a state of the art star fighter with a squadron of seasoned vets and manages to make a one in a million shot that destroys the most powerful weapon in the galaxy.

Not exactly believable, but still one of the greatest movies ever made.
Yet the blind cleric demonstrated many of the same jedi skills without jedi training. Look at the last move with Rey in the force awakens. She had no training. What about Maz Kanata. No training?

Go back and watch the first flick again. Luke proffessed to have the ability to fly. He said how much harder can it be than shooting wombats in xyz alley?

Yet the blind cleric demonstrated many of the same jedi skills without jedi training. Look at the last move with Rey in the force awakens. She had no training. What about Maz Kanata. No training?

Go back and watch the first flick again. Luke proffessed to have the ability to fly. He said how much harder can it be than shooting wombats in xyz alley?
The only thing I saw him do that really seemed force related was walking through all that blaster fire and not getting hit. Maybe just his faith in the force protected him? Maybe it guided him? I think everything else he did was just because all his other senses had become very attuned to make up for his blindness. Kinda like Daredevil.

As far as Rey being able to use Jedi mind tricks and use a force pull to grab the lightsaber away from Kylo Ren, the only expaination they gave for that was when Ren was talking to Snoke and said that Rey was really strong with the force. I don't think they ever gave any other reason than that.

I do remember Luke saying that he had bullseyed womp rats in his T-16 back home, but going from that to flying an X-wing fighter in combat against the Empire would be a HUGE leap.

All of the Star Wars movies are have huge holes in the story lines and show people doing impossible things. I just think we didn't pick them apart and scrutinize every detail when we were kids like we do now as adults watching the new movies. When we were kids, we just enjoyed what we were seeing happen on the screen.

And the debate starts. Worst tactical things ever at the at ats but seriously its all fantasy and movies.
Hahaha! Yep, they needed some snowspeeders and tow cables.

That reminds me of a question about The Empire Strikes Back.....

If they were snowspeeders, why were they having trouble adapting them to the cold? Isn't that what they were built for?

The only thing I saw him do that really seemed force related was walking through all that blaster fire and not getting hit. Maybe just his faith in the force protected him? Maybe it guided him? I think everything else he did was just because all his other senses had become very attuned to make up for his blindness. Kinda like Daredevil.

As far as Rey being able to use Jedi mind tricks and use a force pull to grab the lightsaber away from Kylo Ren, the only expaination they gave for that was when Ren was talking to Snoke and said that Rey was really strong with the force. I don't think they ever gave any other reason than that.

I do remember Luke saying that he had bullseyed womp rats in his T-16 back home, but going from that to flying an X-wing fighter in combat against the Empire would be a HUGE leap.

All of the Star Wars movies are have huge holes in the story lines and show people doing impossible things. I just think we didn't pick them apart and scrutinize every detail when we were kids like we do now as adults watching the new movies. When we were kids, we just enjoyed what we were seeing happen on the screen.
What about the scene on Endo. Thw tie fighters were mixing it up with the rebels and the laser cannon was taking out the rebels.
The BLIND Chinese guy blew into his hand picked up his weapon and not only shot down the tie fighter, but the tie fighter crashed into the laser cannon taking it out of the fight.
So what part of that was luck in a Star Wars flick? I know! It was in the script!

Back
Top Bottom