• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY discussion with SPOILERS

My son is an Huge Star Wars fan. I picked up all of the VHS's at a local Goodwill for $5 when he was 3.

He knows all of the characters and a ton of quotes from several of the movies.

Took him tonight and his mouth was wide open and didn't say a word till the end... he's 6 yrs old and I'm pretty sure he will remember going with me for the rest of his life.

My kids loved the Star Wars ride at Planet Hollywood earlier this year.

Along with the Jedi Training (3hr line) to spar with Vader...

IMG_1682.JPG
IMG_4591.JPG
IMG_4590.PNG

I just saw it.

I think they could have done much better. Don't you just hate it when they make simple stupid mistakes? The girl is being walked to the rebel council in handcuffs, but she has a blaster in the holster on her hip.

The blind cleric for example could have played yoda to the main character. Even for a single scene.

So when the father died, why did everyone have to stand outside in the rain when there was perfectly good shelter just inside?

The council was unable to stop the attack force because they were already engaged, but they hadn't engaged yet.

The reprogramed droid could easily have provided some comic relief.

The attack force held the beach. So why didn't they dig in or have any mortars or heavy weapons?

Like the Ewoks. The rebels didn't have a chance against the imperial forces

They went to retrieve the record. Anyone who knows anything knows that you don't get digital records like a book at a library, and you don't have to insert it like an 8 track to play it.

Answer: It wasn't in the script and the script was written to facilitate certain cinematic effects. The Story be dammed.

I just saw it.

I think they could have done much better.

The blind cleric for example could have played yoda to the main character. Even for a single scene.

So when the father died, why did everyone have to stand outside in the rain when there was perfectly good shelter just inside?

The council was unable to stop the attack force because they were already engaged, but they hadn't engaged yet.

The attack force held the beach. So why didn't they dig in or have any mortars or heavy weapons?

They went to retrieve the record. Anyone who knows anything knows that you don't get digital records like a book at a library, and you don't have to insert it like an 8 track to play it.

Answer: It wasn't in the script and the script was written to facilitate certain cinematic effects. The Story be dammed.
I thought the droid was hilarious

I just saw it.

Do you have a dim outlook on life?

wish they would make the sequel to HEAT

shooting starts at 4:20

I don't know about you all.. but that heat shootout scene makes me glad I have an 1-4 x optic on my AR,

I know this is fiction, but a real life shootout like that and a good densive position with a magnified scope would have really given the shooter the advantage.

My kids loved the Star Wars ride at Planet Hollywood earlier this year.

Along with the Jedi Training (3hr line) to spar with Vader...

View attachment 1000376 View attachment 1000391 View attachment 1000393
Oh man, I bet they had a ball!

I just saw it.

It's just like any movie, you know it's not real, but you suspend your disbelief and just enjoy the show.

As far as the Death Star plans being on an 8-track that had to be removed with a giant grabber machine, it just made it more exciting than it would've been if they had just walked up to a computer and copied the files onto a thumb drive.

I gues they just did things differently long ago in a galaxy far far away.

OK, I changed the thread title to warn everybody that there are spoilers in here. If they come in now it's their own fault! LOL

I read that they used real life actors for Leia and Tarkin that had similar facial features to Fisher and Cushing. Then they used CGI to complete the transformation.

The Leia scene.....

Back
Top Bottom