• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Round Count?

It makes me less desirable to do business with them. If it is a 220 swift or some wildcat I do understand but I do not believe you can shoot out a rem 700 hunting rifle. Compation rifles probably as they may shoot a lot of rounds to work up loads, but the old 06 adl, bdl, savage, tikka,;mosberg no and to top it off 98% of the members here do not keep it long enough to shoot it out. All I buy here have human error on equiptment, not barrel burn out.

Way back in the day one of the gun magazines (the paper kind, not to be confused with a "clip") had a writer who opined that it was impossible to shoot out the barrel on a modern revolver. He shot a couple of thousands rounds through one, and there was no measurable wear. FWIW, I tend to agree.

I've seen revolver bores that were crapped up from neglect, but I've never seen one that looked "shot out". Even my WW I era Webleys have a reasonably good bore, despite corrosive primers and two World Wars. They still shoot about as accurately as any modern military sidearm.

I think people want to know if the gun has been shot in extreme excess

I am always looking for one that has had the **** shot out of it and never cleaned until the seller post it.
Sarcasm of course. I have had a lot of M1 Garands some with new barrels, some with GI replacement barrels and some with what appears to be original barrels. I cant imagine how many rounds have been through some and I still love them.

Back
Top Bottom