• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rubber hunting boot recommendation.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
I'm posting this here so more of you hunters will see this and maybe steer me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a good, rubber hunting boot that does not stink from bad rubber hydrocarbons if there is such a thing.
I want to use rubber boots because leather and cloth tend to wick and leave too many spooky scents to the deer where rubber does not although I don't want boots that smell like a tire shop.

Comfort is a must, waterproofing is a plus, and soles that don't come unglued after a few years is a must.

Mostly will be using these in pretty dry hunting areas with most time on stand and fairly short walks, a mile tops with not much if any creek crossing but there will be times I'll have to track a deer a mile or so through creek beds so toughness is a must so I absolutely cannot stand boots that the soles come unglued and flap while walking.

My main concerns are toughness, scent control and comfort in Georgia weather.

I've
Read
Some reviews On them with similar complaints.

I don't know what it is I walk through but I have that glue
Separation issue with many boots that I buy.
I am rough on boots though.

I'm posting this here so more of you hunters will see this and maybe steer me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a good, rubber hunting boot that does not stink from bad rubber hydrocarbons if there is such a thing.
I want to use rubber boots because leather and cloth tend to wick and leave too many spooky scents to the deer where rubber does not although I don't want boots that smell like a tire shop.

Comfort is a must, waterproofing is a plus, and soles that don't come unglued after a few years is a must.

Mostly will be using these in pretty dry hunting areas with most time on stand and fairly short walks, a mile tops with not much if any creek crossing but there will be times I'll have to track a deer a mile or so through creek beds so toughness is a must so I absolutely cannot stand boots that the soles come unglued and flap while walking.

My main concerns are toughness, scent control and comfort in Georgia weather.
For early season I use the cheap brown rubber boots from Wally world. I have used them for many years and they are still holding up awesome. Here the only picture I could find quickly of them. Late season when it's cold I wear muck boots. I've had many deer walk right across my trail and never stop.
320854_204043733000520_372252112_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom