Ruger 6.5cm RPR

True. .243 is a hunting caliber who (what's his name from Georgia?) used to win a national competition. I feel like that was their inspiration, whatever his name is.

I had a .243, and I know a guy at my LGS who has one. He loves his, but I dislike the availability of competition factory ammo (there isn't any) and I'd prefer to have a .308 so if something does happen with ISIS or whatever, I can just find some .308 pretty much wherever I go. That's why I rebarreled my RPR to .308.

upload_2016-3-27_15-32-6.png

True. .243 is a hunting caliber who (what's his name from Georgia?) used to win a national competition. I feel like that was their inspiration, whatever his name is.

I had a .243, and I know a guy at my LGS who has one. He loves his, but I dislike the availability of competition factory ammo (there isn't any) and I'd prefer to have a .308 so if something does happen with ISIS or whatever, I can just find some .308 pretty much wherever I go. That's why I rebarreled my RPR to .308.
Yeah, the only way you'll get match ammo for 243 is to load it yourself. :thumb:

AWFUL AWFUL PRICING!

I paid $939 for my 6.5 and have a 308 factory take off barrel too that I got for $160.

Sad though, the 6.5's go for around $1,400 on Gunbroker with tons of bids.

I will just say that not many places have good selection on 6.5 ammo. I spent all day Friday going to 5 different stores to get what I needed for reloading and to find the factory loaded ammo I wanted for trial loads.

6.5 is much better ballistically, but if you want ease of ammo availability, get the 308. I see no use for the 243 in this platform given 6.5 and 308 choices are there.

Dang I'm jealous. I paid $300 for a .308 barrel from an ODT'er here. $160 for a barrel daaaannnngit.
I just got lucky and saw a comment about someone swapping barrels from 308 to 6.5 and sent a PM. Just worked out for me and the seller.

I will run my 6.5 for a while, then maybe swap it to 308 for a bit and get some good loads worked up for it too.

I hope to find a cheap 243 one day and buy it so I can have a dedicated 308 setup to go with the 6.5.

Back
Top Bottom