Ryobi Power Washer- Need Mechanical Help

I.P. Freely

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
68   0
Reaction score
2015 Ryobi 2800 Power Washer with Honda motor. I was cleaning my driveway for three hours and zero problems from the power washer. After finishing the driveway went to the back to clean the deck. Changed the nozzle to a lower pressure but by accident didn’t insert the nozzle all the way in. Started the power washer squeezed the trigger on the wand and the nozzle flew 10 feet away. Picked up the nozzle off the ground and this time inserted it all the way in. Started the motor, ran like it always has, squeezed the trigger and water flows like a regular garden hose at half pressure. Put other nozzles in, same results. I checked the unloader valve, filter screen, checked to see if their is dirt inside the nozzles, took the hose off the wand and water flows like it should. So now I’m thinking either the water pump or the wand or maybe something else? Was hoping somebody might have had the same results and knows what the problem is before I start throwing money at it in parts? Anybody???

I have experienced a bad quick connect fitting on my wand end. You might try taking the fitting off and see what happens.

I have also experienced a bad wand entirely

Disconnect the pressure hose from the pump. Crank it up with the water on and see what kind of pressure comes out. If it is low the pump puked. If that is the case time to buy a new one. A new pump is more expensive than a new unit.

Back
Top Bottom