• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S/A XDS 45 acp....a disappointment

Everything is relative to the shooter and is all shooter preference. I had a SA XD in 45ACP, and after a week of shooting it, I went to my buddy and had him bring is glock, I fell in love with the G's and sold my XD. That dosent mean I think it is crappy, it just was not for me. (This was a few years ago) Since I have Broke my wrist and have had to down size calibers. I now have a g19 and love the hell out of it. I also have a M&P9 and love it as well. Who knows if I find someone with a XD in 9mm has one I can shoot a couple rounds through, I may buy again? SA makes a great shooting platform along with Smith and Glock.
It is all shooter preference though!

Guess you can't read I clearly stated I witness this in person with my friends, and you can google this problem and it has been noted.I am glad you love yours, and being you see these all over for sale and for trade and they haven't been out that long should say something about them.They're junk in my eyes and plenty of others agree also.

I read it just fine but apparently I didn't relay my thoughts well enough. I meant that since you saw it in person that changes things, hope that clears that up.

The fact that they are new and for sale means very little. I see new glocks, M&P shields, etc. for sale/trade regularly and I don't jump to the conclusion that they are crap because they are listed...

I read it just fine but apparently I didn't relay my thoughts well enough. I meant that since you saw it in person that changes things, hope that clears that up.

The fact that they are new and for sale means very little. I see new glocks, M&P shields, etc. for sale/trade regularly and I don't jump to the conclusion that they are crap because they are listed...
If someone Buy a new dodge and has nothing but trouble that person will tend to say they're crap and moves on to another brand of vehicles.Same as I on thinking about the XD's, MOST everyone has never had an issue but when they changed and manufactured these in Croatia, well heard nothing but bad and witness bad.There for in my past experience and friends experience I call them crap.This is clearly my opinion to related topic and my issues with them.I wouldn't be to concern with my opinions if you love yours and have no issues firing.But just another note,this XD's we have cleaned and oiled heavy and cleaned and no oil and all same results,and the gun has about 1,000 rounds fired thru it and same results and wasted over 100 rounds with FTE.

Last edited:
Same as I on thinking about the XD's, I had own some XDM's in the past and never had an issue.MOST everyone has never had an issue but when they changed and manufactured these in Croatia, well heard nothing but bad and witness bad.There for in my past experience and friends experience I call them crap.This is clearly my opinion to related topic and my issues with them.

You must not know as much as you think. The XD, XDm, and XDS lines are all made in Croatia and have been since the beginning (2002)...

I did a "quick Google search" on both exploding XDS barrels and XDS problems and found no complaints on barrels. I even went to XDtalk and found nada. Most people that complain have FTF, stove pipes, or failure to go into battery, and the complaints were minimal.

I'm done though, you are right about one thing, I personally don't care what other people think about an outstanding weapon. I mostly just care that they get their facts straight and don't go off claiming to have seen wrecked barrels without pics.

:thumb:

One BAD thing about the XDM is the frame is a 9mm frame, therefor is built to handle the recoil of that caliber. I understand the shooter can put another caliber slide on the frame, But you have to keep in mind the impact of the recoil and the additional stresses that will put on the frame. NOT GOOD.

If someone Buy a new dodge and has nothing but trouble that person will tend to say they're crap and moves on to another brand of vehicles.Same as I on thinking about the XD's, MOST everyone has never had an issue but when they changed and manufactured these in Croatia, well heard nothing but bad and witness bad.There for in my past experience and friends experience I call them crap.This is clearly my opinion to related topic and my issues with them.I wouldn't be to concern with my opinions if you love yours and have no issues firing.But just another note,this XD's we have cleaned and oiled heavy and cleaned and no oil and all same results,and the gun has about 1,000 rounds fired thru it and same results and wasted over 100 rounds with FTE.
Limp wrist much??! :pop2:

One BAD thing about the XDM is the frame is a 9mm frame, therefor is built to handle the recoil of that caliber. I understand the shooter can put another caliber slide on the frame, But you have to keep in mind the impact of the recoil and the additional stresses that will put on the frame. NOT GOOD.
Is this guy for real??! What a f*ckn joke.

Both these guys :deadhorse:

As Proximal said, the XD line of pistols has been made in Croatia since their inception, which has been for over a decade now. Springfield hasn't "changed and manufactured these in Croatia" and it would behoove you to do some research.

Also, I did a google search as well as reviewed XDTalk to see if I could find anything concerning this mythical barrel explosion....and funny enough, I can't find anything at all. So at this point, based on the fact you're clueless about where SA XD line of pistols has been made since the beginning and your initial attack against Proximal, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're full of dog squeeze when it comes to the exploded XDs barrel. Unless you can provide picture proof of the one you saw, it didn't happen.

Ive never heard of this issue either, surely enough it would have made its way to XDTalk. I have not had a single FTF or anything in my XDS in about 600 rounds now. I had one split case, but that was cheap TulAmmo. I trust my life to mine every day.

If he did in fact see a barrel explode it was most likely a double charged reload or a squib round that caused the damage. I am a long time member at XDTalk and have never heard of barrels blowing up do to pour quality or for any reason.

What we have here is an XD hater that wants to enlist others to think badly of XD's so that he isn't alone in his opinion. There are a lot of Glock haters out there that do the same thing. Be smart and don't repeat what someone else says without researching it first. Research will weed out the the lies that people want you to believe.

The comment about XD's being a bad firearm based on the frame being used for different calibers is crap as well. The frame is built to handle multiple calibers just like Glock.

Back
Top Bottom