• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sad day in Rock and Roll - Johnny Winter has died

Holy crap! I was there, too. Though for some reason I seem to have substantial memory loss about a lot of the details.

LMAO! Some details are a little fuzzy to me too. Lol
One detail I'll always remember though was the gigantic beer bottle brawl all over the stadium! I even saw how the whole thing got started. In between the Winter brothers and Blue Oyster Cult some guy in the upper deck poured beer on the folks down below and another guy threw a beer bottle back up at him and actually hit the guy! About five people threw everything they could get their hands on back down and all hell broke loose from there. I got whacked in the head and almost got knocked out, probably what's wrong with me now. Haha!

Last edited:
That is cool. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Thanks brother, my pleasure. I was close enough to the stage that I could see somebody's hand come up from behind Edgar Winter's piano and lay a coke spoon full of blow down and Edgar would snort it and set it down and the hand would come back up and take the spoon. That repeated about five times during one song. Lol!

LMAO! Some details are a little fuzzy to me too. Lol
One detail I'll always remember though was the gigantic beer bottle brawl all over the stadium! I even saw how the whole thing got started. In between the Winter brothers and Blue Oyster Cult some guy in the upper deck poured beer on the folks down below and another guy threw a beer bottle back up at him and actually hit the guy! About five people threw everything they could get their hands on back down and all hell broke loose from there. I got whacked in the head and almost got knocked out, probably what's wrong with me now. Haha!

Ha! I was on the lower deck and our group were some of the ones that got beer dumped on them. There were also some assholes on our deck. When we got up and moved out from under the beer dumpers some jerk threw a full drink cup at us and I almost got hit by it. When the SHTF, we got out of the area. Our girls were with us.

Did you hear about the cop getting face planted just before the show? We were on one of the walkways working our way towards our seats when this kid goes running by at full sprint. A cop was chancing him and some girl was screaming "Run MFer, Run!" As the cop went by, someone tripped him and he burned in face first, HARD. He probably still has road rash scars on his face.

Ahh, good times.

Back
Top Bottom