• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Safe to Carry 3.5# Ghost connector

07JKX

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
I just picked up my first Glock.. well striker fired weapon period.

being use to da/sa sigs for my carry purposes, I am comfortable and always carry with a round in the chamber and "decocked"

Doing lots o' research on glocks, I am hearing a spectrum of opinions on how heavy the trigger should be.

Question... is it safe to carry a 3.5# trigger with a round in the chamber? Or should I pick up a standard disconnect at 5.5# ???

I really dont want to fart and shoot my foot

thanks glock experts!

If you're stick it in your pocket or tuck it between your belt and body then no.
In a proper holster completely covering the trigger housing....yes.

If you are used to carrying a pistol with a heavy trigger pull then you may want to switch it out to something heavier. That or go and spend a lot of time on training until you are use to the different trigger. My personal opinion when it comes to a combat pistol is anything under 4 pounds is too light, and generally try to have the triggers run in the 4.5-5.5 pounds. If the pistol is a double action, a heavier initial pull is fine, as long as it is smooth.

If you are used to carrying a pistol with a heavy trigger pull then you may want to switch it out to something heavier. That or go and spend a lot of time on training until you are use to the different trigger. My personal opinion when it comes to a combat pistol is anything under 4 pounds is too light, and generally try to have the triggers run in the 4.5-5.5 pounds. If the pistol is a double action, a heavier initial pull is fine, as long as it is smooth.

i plan to get it out this weekend for some extensive shooting. I am use to shooting both a longer DA (kel-tec pf9) as well as shooting the single action on my sig.

In my opinion, carrying any pistol with a modified trigger is a problem waiting to happen. Its a stretch, but say you use your gun in self defense and then they find out your gun is modified and it looks like your a guy looking to kill or a some kind of gun freak looking for trouble. That and the chance of accidentally pulling the trigger under stress could more likely.

I know a lot of people mod their trigger, especially m&p owners ;) theirs nothinginherently wrong with it but just my opinion it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Many people (myself included) prefer the lighter connector with a heavier spring. 3.5lb connector with NY1 (olive) trigger spring are a good combination for a nice, easy-breaking trigger.

In my opinion, carrying any pistol with a modified trigger is a problem waiting to happen. Its a stretch, but say you use your gun in self defense and then they find out your gun is modified and it looks like your a guy looking to kill or a some kind of gun freak looking for trouble. That and the chance of accidentally pulling the trigger under stress could more likely.

I know a lot of people mod their trigger, especially m&p owners ;) theirs nothinginherently wrong with it but just my opinion it might be more trouble than it's worth.

well the mod and all the tuning was done by a glock armorer... so he will be going to jail with me. lol

Many people (myself included) prefer the lighter connector with a heavier spring. 3.5lb connector with NY1 (olive) trigger spring are a good combination for a nice, easy-breaking trigger.

I just learned about the different dongles... mine is apparently a coil, then there are ny1 and ny2... could anyone share the differences?

Back
Top Bottom