• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saiga front end conversion. Who can do it in GA?

chrislibby88

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
67   0
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a machine shop/gunsmith to do a front end conversion on a Saiga. May SBR it as well, similar to a RD conversion, not entirely sure. I have heard Dobbs Defense can do it, as well as "Ray" at Moss Pawn. Anyone have any experience with either? have heard alot of good things about Dobbs, but most is AR related.

@cimino289 You may find this relevant. Almost posted in your thread, but it was already getting up to a few pages long and I didn't wanna hijack it too bad.

Non Lib is a no go. Says AK's are a pain and not worth his time as he has other paying work that takes priority. I wouldn't recommend Ray either these days (won't go into that). @acmech on here is in the Henry County and has plenty of experience with building AK's. Give him a shout as I know he's helped others out here.

If @acmech is a no go I would strongly consider shipping the gun to a reputable company/builder like Two Rivers Arms, JBI Armory, Piece of History Firearms etc.

Non Lib is a no go. Says AK's are a pain and not worth his time as he has other paying work that takes priority. I wouldn't recommend Ray either these days (won't go into that). @acmech on here is in the Henry County and has plenty of experience with building AK's. Give him a shout as I know he's helped others out here.

If @acmech is a no go I would strongly consider shipping the gun to a reputable company/builder like Two Rivers Arms, JBI Armory, Piece of History Firearms etc.

Thankyou! I will send him a PM. I'm not opposed to shipping out of state, but figured I would try local options first.

Looks like all they did was bolt on rails. I am interested in what handguard was used though.

LOL! Looks a little MORE INVOLVED than that to me--The Trigger was relocated to the correct forward location and it looks like it's set up to run AR Mags--Quite a bit more work than just bolting on some Rails... :)

Back
Top Bottom