Sales and deals on Prepping Food

IMaDad

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
36   0
Reaction score
I've started a few threads that go well, but I think we can just have one big one. Thoughts?

I'll start.

This was at Kroger today...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435698901.895655.jpg

$0.59/can pork and beans is a great deal!

Reactions: Nat
Another deal.

Rainy day foods (Walton feed)
Has a couple cool items on clearance.

The items I saw are Imitation beef strips, imitation chicken strips, and bacon bits. I think all freeze dried.

A #10 can of any is $10 or less.

Someone try them and tell me how they taste....

I don't fdig pork and beans but that IS a good price . And when you're starvir they'll go down great.

My wife has added a new spin to the prep plans by getting into couponing real big. There are several ways and places to go about doing that . Kroger w8ll mail you coupons every month for the stuff you use most as they see it by your rewards card history. We get good deals on coffee, water and canned goods. CVS has a rewards card that pays back Extra Care Bucks or ECBs on stu ty offer. So after you make a trip or two you can start playing with the house's money. And we have gotten into buying Ensure drinks which are everything you need in a meal in one bottle.

There's lots of ways to make it work to your advantage. You just have to study on it before you run out to the store without a plan.

What's best store for buying prep items? I'm thinking more for natural disasters than tin foil hat stuff.

Local brick and mortar store? TruPrep is the only one I recommend. Great people. Great selection. Free classes. FFL and reloading supplies too. Oh and freeze dried food and canned food IN Stock.

Online? Oh there's bunches. I get the monthly emergency essentials catalog which is cool. Www.beprepared.com

Rainy day foods has a clearance section they update often and when freeze dried food is on clearance, it's a hell of a deal.

Tons more. I personally stay away from preppers vault, although the owner is a member and a nice guy.

Also, make sure to check Amazon and Walmart.com. They have emergency food and good prices too.

My advice to a new prepper is to Start with a sawyer mini, and buy cheap cans at the grocery and start now. Just get started.

Don't wait.

Local brick and mortar store? TruPrep is the only one I recommend. Great people. Great selection. Free classes. FFL and reloading supplies too. Oh and freeze dried food and canned food IN Stock.

Online? Oh there's bunches. I get the monthly emergency essentials catalog which is cool. Www.beprepared.com

Rainy day foods has a clearance section they update often and when freeze dried food is on clearance, it's a hell of a deal.

Tons more. I personally stay away from preppers vault, although the owner is a member and a nice guy.

Also, make sure to check Amazon and Walmart.com. They have emergency food and good prices too.

My advice to a new prepper is to Start with a sawyer mini, and buy cheap cans at the grocery and start now. Just get started.

Don't wait.
Just curious as to why you avoid the prepper vault?

Just curious as to why you avoid the prepper vault?

Well, a few things. I don't want to talk badly about anyone -esp a member.

If you visit both stores you will see for yourself. Like I said the owner is a good guy and it is a nicely lit very modern store. Let me instead expand on why I prefer truprep...

Truprep is in a league of their own. Mylar bags and oxygen absorbers in different sizes in stock.

First aid, power, solar powered Air conditioning, berkey water filters, baker creek seeds, guns, ammo, gas masks, canned butter, canned cheese, canning supplies, reloading components, potassium iodide, etc etc etc.

Not to mention the free classes. Last one I went to they actually organized for me and a small group. It was long term
Food storage and they provided free Mylar bags, pinto beans, and showed different methods of dealing and storing.

Definitely worth a stop and browse.

Oh and police trade in glocks for like $399 when they have them ;)

What's a good generator to get?

depends on what you want to use it for.

Small stuff, like a couple lights, or just to keep the fridge running, about any of them are the same.
Honda is top of the heap though under 7500w.

Whole house, go with something like a propane or diesel powered Generac.

Back
Top Bottom