• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SBR cheap lower or nice Billet

ltfirhunter

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
86   1
Reaction score
Going to do me an SBR, and can't decide if I want to get a nice billet lower or a standard forged.
I have a pistol lower built right now on Anderson lower, and was just wondering . I know the age old argument that it doesn't make a different function wise, but since you're kinda stuck with it just do a billet.

I struggled with this and finally decided to use a standard lower from a reputable company and went with an RRA. Ended up using almost exclusively RRA parts.

Personal preference. I SBR'd an Anderson lower and I have no problems with it. I mean at the end of the day I dont think I've ever noticed one rollmark over another when drooling over an SBR.

Just use what you can afford. If you want a show piece to stare at or can afford an expensive lower to trash (if you're going to train with it) then go for it. I fnot then treat it like any other rifle.

It probably won't be the only one you own after a while. :) SBR's and suppressors seem to multiply sort of like rabbits.

In before someone posts "All AR lowers are the same' or 'they're sourced from only a couple of companies'....

I don't own a billet lower and don't see the need for one, but whatever you choose make sure it functions before you get it engraved: I've read horror stories about SBR'd lowers with problems.

Back
Top Bottom