• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR Form 1 question

HGM

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
13   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm getting ready to send off two SBR forms and have seen differing instructions on 4f- overall length. My intentions are to buid one of each, a 10.5" and 14.5" rifle. When I measure, I get 27" and 31" respectively, on a guess of course since I'm not allowed to assemble completely.. Now, my question is, what if I decide to buy a 7.5" upper?? I was under the impression that an SBR was an SBR and you must always possess the registered componentes regardless of how it happens to be configured, but you werent required to perminantly keep them together... What if my 10.5" upper ends up on my 14.5" registered lower? The OAL will then be 4" shorter than registered.. Is that really a problem??? Now I'm also begining to wonder if I'll be allowed to pin a 300blk upper on them at any point.... Just trying to cover all my bases before sending out this extortion check.. Thanks for the help!

You are correct when you say that an SBR is an SBR. Keep calm and keep swapping uppers. Just send them a nice note on tactical operator hello kitty stationary if you ever get rid of the length of upper listed on the form 1.

Thanks guys.. It's a bit nerve wracking when I think that I'm venturing into a 6mo ordeal that may get kicked back or get me in trouble on a technicality.. All the while, in this case, spending $400 for the privilage to be a loyal government subject.......

One last thing, does my Trust name need to go in 4h or is the original manufacturer name in 4a all that is necessary??
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom