• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SC Gov Nikki Haley Got a Handgun From Santa for Being a Good Girl

While her state law enforcement agency (SLED) has had some issues administratively (timely renewals etc) these are two quotes from her and a news snippet.....and she has repealed some laws that were unnecessary and complicated ownership and sales:

South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley (R) signed House Bill 4494 into law on June 29, marking an end to South Carolina’s experiment with radical anti-gun policies in the 1970’s. This law, effective upon the Governor’s signature, repeals the prohibition on selling certain handguns that do not meet the arbitrary 800 degree melting-point standard, and the requirement for Federal Firearms License holders to be licensed with the state in order to sell handguns. H 4494 also brings South Carolina into conformity with federal law by allowing the sale of long guns in non-contiguous states to South Carolina residents.

Make concealed weapons permits easier
"Few things are as clearly defined as the right of individual Americans to own and use firearms. The right to bear arms was deemed so critical by our Founders that they spelled it out in absolute terms, and any governmental action that undermines that right is in turn undermining the very freedoms that built our great nation. I hold a Concealed Weapons Permit myself, and in this state makes it difficult for CWP holders to rightfully carry--we need to make the rules that govern carrying far more simple."

Founding fathers gave us the absolute right to bear arms
"The right to bear arms was deemed so critical by our Founders that they spelled it out in absolute terms, and it is my belief that any governmental action that undermines that right is in turn undermining the very freedoms that built our great nation. I hold a Concealed Weapons Permit myself, and in this state we have issues that make it difficult for CWP holders to carry. As governor, I will continue to fight against any government infringement on the 2nd Amendment."

\/\/ My commentary....
If she truly believes in making permits easier she would attempt to remove the mandatory training requirement, and push for "Constitutional Carry", if Vermont can do it all the states in the South that proclaim "freedom and less government" should be able to do it. Other than that I am fine with her. Don't think she will attempt to ever take rights that's for sure....and the state senate are Dem heavy and have prevented more pro-gun laws last year (2013)

Last edited:
SC require training and class before acquiring a weapon permit. Georgia does not. I can see why there's no reciprocal. I wouldn't mind the training / class for an all-state reciprocal license!

SC require training and class before acquiring a weapon permit. Georgia does not. I can see why there's no reciprocal. I wouldn't mind the training / class for an all-state reciprocal license!

firearms are a right and not a privilege, mandatory training is bull****

In the last few years(3?) there have been 2 students shot by the instructors in SC training classes(at least one was a sheriff's deputy). Plus there is no stats that prove that those that are trained in the mandated classes are any safer than those who have permits in other states without training. The "enhanced"(training) license was proposed in a bill here in GA and it didn't make it.

You train because you want to do it to make yourself a better shooter. Not to be allowed a Constitutional Right.

\/\/ My commentary....
If she truly believes in making permits easier she would attempt to remove the mandatory training requirement, and push for "Constitutional Carry", if Vermont can do it all the states in the South that proclaim "freedom and less government" should be able to do it. Other than that I am fine with her. Don't think she will attempt to ever take rights that's for sure....and the state senate are Dem heavy and have prevented more pro-gun laws last year (2013)

firearms are a right and not a privilege, mandatory training is bull****

^^^This^^^

vvv...and this...vvv

You train because you want to do it to make yourself a better shooter. Not to be allowed a Constitutional Right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom