• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SC Gov Nikki Haley Got a Handgun From Santa for Being a Good Girl

firearms are a right and not a privilege, mandatory training is bull****

I agree that it's a right. You're welcome to keep and own as many as you'd like at home. But when you're travelling, in public, I'd prefer that you've proven that you're somewhat competent with the firearm, especially in handling and safety. I know a lot of people whom I'd rather they not handle / carry. I guess I'm not as conservative when it come to that.

I agree that it's a right. You're welcome to keep and own as many as you'd like at home. But when you're travelling, in public, I'd prefer that you've proven that you're somewhat competent with the firearm, especially in handling and safety. I know a lot of people whom I'd rather they not handle / carry. I guess I'm not as conservative when it come to that.

:pop2:

I know a lot of people who want to hinder my 2A rights with nonsensical legislation whom I'd rather they not handle/carry.

I must have overlooked the part about "home" only in the Constitution.

because drivers licenses keep people from driving like crap

i dont understand how some folks can recognize the abysmal failure of government mandated and regulatory policies and yet still think the government is the answer

the only thing that keeps accidents from happening is personal conviction and responsibility, this is true FOR EVERYTHING IN LIFE

As long as there are qualifications attached to RIGHTS, there won't be any rights. We all take risks when dealing with the public, be it in our cars, trusting that some schmuck won't push us in front of the train at the train station, or whatever. That's part of it. There aren't positives without the potential for some negatives.

What you are proposing is turning a right into a privilege, like driving.

Last edited:
She may not, and she might not even understand her rights. She's simply a gun owner.

"Founding fathers gave us the absolute right to bear arms"
"The right to bear arms was deemed so critical by our Founders that they spelled it out in absolute terms, and it is my belief that any governmental action that undermines that right is in turn undermining the very freedoms that built our great nation. I hold a Concealed Weapons Permit myself, and in this state we have issues that make it difficult for CWP holders to carry. As governor, I will continue to fight against any government infringement on the 2nd Amendment."

I'd say she has a good understanding. Also the mandatory training requirement was around a decade plus before she was every involved in state wide politics. Not a huge supporter but her views are very clear. She has a Democratic senate to deal with attempting any changes and that has proven harder than anything. She has also successfully repealed "gun control" laws that were on the books for 4 decades.....a good thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom