• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scammed on Ebay

I bought an item. Seller ships, it gets delivered................. I don't see it, start USPS case. They closed it citing it's NOT my address it was delivered to (so I was NOT the recepient). They can NOT give me the address. I ask the seller what address he used. he never answers. I start an ebay case.............................. they close citing it was delivered. I leave negative feedback, ebay ERASES my feedback. is it that EASY to SCAM people on Ebay!?!?!?!?! There's no support # on ebay, just an endless circle jerk of menus. I found some #s on google but am not sure if they're legit. WTF!?!?!?!?! am I screwed? I paid via PP.

I had the same issue. USPS delivered to the wrong address, and was returned to sender. The seller refused to issue a refund even when the tracking showed it was returned to sender. eBay denied claim because tracking showed “delivered”. Seller deleted my feedback as well. It was infuriating.

Go dispute the CC charge with your bank. That’s about all you can do.

Hi:

dont use eBay anymore, buyer claims no delivery, I send eBay the tracking number that shows it was delivered and they still took the money out of my account and gave it back to the buyer who then sent me a "thank you" note. Over $200.

Your case is an unusual occurrence; 99.9% of the time, egay sides with the buyer in a dispute. Sorry it happened to you.

Yep, I've slower down selling just because of dishonest buyers and ebay/PP automatically taking their side.

Back in the day, it was easy to pull a seller's contact information. I bought a set of racing tires from a douche in Modesto, California and when it got to be around two weeks with no tracking info I pulled his info, called him and told him, "Hey, no problem. I see your address is in Modesto, that's only an hour and a half from where I live in San Francisco. I'll be over at 4:00 p.m. today to settle this. I have your confirmed address here in front of me."

He screeched something about how his wife was supposed to take them to UPS but never did, then got sick, and please, don't bother driving to Modesto! LOL. He was terrified.

UPS truck pulls up in front of my house next day, about 2:00 p.m. and the driver offloads 4 racing tires still mounted on the factory GT rims, complete. I can just imagine him after my call, taking the wheels off as he's waiting for the UPS driver to pick them up for overnight shipment. LMAO!

Back in the day, it was easy to pull a seller's contact information. I bought a set of racing tires from a douche in Modesto, California and when it got to be around two weeks with no tracking info I pulled his info, called him and told him, "Hey, no problem. I see your address is in Modesto, that's only an hour and a half from where I live in San Francisco. I'll be over at 4:00 p.m. today to settle this. I have your confirmed address here in front of me."

He screeched something about how his wife was supposed to take them to UPS but never did, then got sick, and please, don't bother driving to Modesto! LOL. He was terrified.

UPS truck pulls up in front of my house next day, about 2:00 p.m. and the driver offloads 4 racing tires still mounted on the factory GT rims, complete. I can just imagine him after my call, taking the wheels off as he's waiting for the UPS driver to pick them up for overnight shipment. LMAO!
Yeah, those were the days! You used to be able to buy/sell guns (obviously had to go to a FFL) and real collectables. Up until 5 years ago you could build an AR off ebay, minus the receiver.
Now 80% of sellers are the same Chinese sellers from the Amazon 3rd party.

Ebay and PayPal are scams. Always have been. Amex is your friend.

The only times my CC was hacked was when I had a PayPal account. Got a new card all was good until I updated my PayPal account. 3rd time was the charm, I figured it out and cancelled the account.

Back
Top Bottom