• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scammed on Ebay

UPDATE:
ebay awarded me a refund on the appeal stating it was STOLEN after delivery.....................................

after I already told them I have CAMERAS and there was NO DELIVERY at that time............. but ok. and I told them USPS stated it was NOT addressed to my house too. Yeah, gonna think twice about using ebay.

if ebay denied me, I was going to goto the P.O. and get a document stating it was NOT addressed to me, to use for the PP (& CC) arbitration.

PP has surprisingly repaid me a couple of times under some kind of thing they call buyer protection and I believe I even spoke with a broken English speaking human once. Amazon is no better when you buy from a non prime seller. Be aware also when you buy on walmart dot com it might be a marketplace seller and not actually walmart. I had a set of new truck tires delivered to the wrong address by Walmart and they told me to screw off and even Fedex claimed it was delivered with GPS. It was some other neighbors house. Also recently I looked at the drivers verification photo on another Amazon delivery and determined which neighbor in my new place kept my package. Luckily Amazon replaced it when I sent a photo of my actual porch. Morons are delivering packages these days, people who used to work at popeyes. Good luck. America is going to hell rapidly.

I bought an item. Seller ships, it gets delivered................. I don't see it, start USPS case. They closed it citing it's NOT my address it was delivered to (so I was NOT the recepient). They can NOT give me the address. I ask the seller what address he used. he never answers. I start an ebay case.............................. they close citing it was delivered. I leave negative feedback, ebay ERASES my feedback. is it that EASY to SCAM people on Ebay!?!?!?!?! There's no support # on ebay, just an endless circle jerk of menus. I found some #s on google but am not sure if they're legit. WTF!?!?!?!?! am I screwed? I paid via PP.
You can also file a claim with PayPal but not sure how you orove you never received the item if tracking shows them it was delivered but no one will tell you to what address. I would also contact the post office.

You can also file a claim with PayPal but not sure how you orove you never received the item if tracking shows them it was delivered but no one will tell you to what address. I would also contact the post office.
Dispute the charges with VISA

in my case, the OPPOSITE scenario happened. the seller's got my money and I have no recourse. the seller used an address in the same city, so ebay believes them. and the USPS will not provide the address it was sent to. seller probably just sent a postcard & paid for tracking!!!
+1
I learned the same lesson many years ago and have never been on ebay again.

Amazon Prime for the win.

looks like they may going back to siding w/the seller!
They will because the package says it was delivered. Go to post office and ask for a print out of the package tracking
and what address it was delivered to.(They will probably tell you they cannot give that info due to privacy concerns)
You may have to open a claim at usps stating your package was not delivered.I had this same thing happen but not with ebay. Only way to win your case is if you can prove it was delivered to a different
address. Mine was a pain but i eventually won.

Amazon is no better when you buy from a non prime seller. Be aware also when you buy on walmart dot com it might be a marketplace seller and not actually walmart.
very true! 3rd party sellers will do the same on any platform. a 3rd party seller from Amazon tried to screw me out of a $600 computer, the tracking never went anywhere! Amazon wanted me to wait on their arbitration, after a month I disputed it w/CC. looks like the new scam now is just to send a postcard/empty box w/tracking, to the same city to "prove" it was delivered.

Back
Top Bottom