• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scammed on Ebay

I bought an item. Seller ships, it gets delivered................. I don't see it, start USPS case. They closed it citing it's NOT my address it was delivered to (so I was NOT the recepient). They can NOT give me the address. I ask the seller what address he used. he never answers. I start an ebay case.............................. they close citing it was delivered. I leave negative feedback, ebay ERASES my feedback. is it that EASY to SCAM people on Ebay!?!?!?!?! There's no support # on ebay, just an endless circle jerk of menus. I found some #s on google but am not sure if they're legit. WTF!?!?!?!?! am I screwed? I paid via PP.
Sounds like you would have recourse with PP. These days we have to be more careful than ever

I bought an item. Seller ships, it gets delivered................. I don't see it, start USPS case. They closed it citing it's NOT my address it was delivered to (so I was NOT the recepient). They can NOT give me the address. I ask the seller what address he used. he never answers. I start an ebay case.............................. they close citing it was delivered. I leave negative feedback, ebay ERASES my feedback. is it that EASY to SCAM people on Ebay!?!?!?!?! There's no support # on ebay, just an endless circle jerk of menus. I found some #s on google but am not sure if they're legit. WTF!?!?!?!?! am I screwed? I paid via PP.
File a claim with the post office they have sent me 3 checks in the last year for stuff I bought & sold that never made it & was either stolen by the mailman or a porch pirate. I could tell you of countless times over selling/buying for 25 years.
Last week a buyer stole all the cables out of a new $400 external hardrive then told eBay he sent them back claiming not as described & his low feedback says he did the same thing last month. I have 4K 100% but eBay could care less.

PayPal used to require you link your bank info. PayPal is not a bank but they like to pretend they are. If you used a credit card via PayPal you have additional protections as you can invoke your credit cards fraud department.

I've seen this before. Contact USPS and request the delivery confirmation. Provide that to EBay and show them the address you had the item shipped too.

Contact your bank, file a dispute and give them the same evidence. This is exactly why I use Capital One and American Express; they'll cancel a transaction in a heartbeat.

I had a purchase delivered to some address far away from my home. Pay pal got it straightened out through e bay.

in my case, the OPPOSITE scenario happened. the seller's got my money and I have no recourse. the seller used an address in the same city, so ebay believes them. and the USPS will not provide the address it was sent to. seller probably just sent a postcard & paid for tracking!!!
Your case is an unusual occurrence; 99.9% of the time, egay sides with the buyer in a dispute. Sorry it happened to you.

Back
Top Bottom