• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scared for my family...almost did something stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uwood52

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie
87   0
Reaction score
We drove up to the Knoxville area today on I75. About exit 68 in TN, I was on cruise control set at 78mph. There was a DSF Industries truck in the slow lane as we were approaching the on ramp.

Evidently, I didn't pass him quickly enough to get over for the on ramp vehicles so he acted like he was going to come over on us while laying on his horn. I sped up to get out of the way, and he sped up to get inches away from my van (wife, 5yr old son, and 3 month old in the back) and continue to lay on his horn.

He used no signal to get over, waited until the last minute, and then acted like a jackass nearly running us off the road and scaring my family to tears.

Of course my adrenaline is shot through the roof by now, so I reach for my db9 in the console and lay it on my lap. I then get over and wave him to exit. When he doesn't I get back on and continue driving. HOWEVER...he slowed and waited on us to pass again. HE then repeated his riding my tail and horn deal. I called TN State troopers and reported it as he passed me video-ing my van??!!

I haven't wanted to hurt someone that bad in a very long time! I am, however, curious to why he would video us? I'm also glad he didn't pull off though. I'm sure someone (could've been me) would have been shot.

Moral of the story... let it go! For the safety of your family. Hope y'all have a happy New Year! God bless.

Last edited:
Next time I would get the truck ID number and the company number off the back of the truck and report him to the company. I would also make it a point to let them know you had already called or intend to call the police and report him as soon as you hang up.

this could be something as simple as a defective turn signal.

nothing to go to guns over.
I would recommend a deep self-assessment.

not sure you understand just how close and aggressive this 18 wheeler was to us. Had I not hit the gas, he would have hit us. I was sincerely scared for my family and my life.

I know I was not thinking when I reached for it. But this guy was out of his mind and it was obvious!

Best thing to do in a case like this is call him in as a drunk driver (he was acting like under the influence now wasn't he) with tag # & veh description, that'll cool his jets & keep yours out of jail.

Not throwing stones but in your car with wife and 2 children is no time to try and escalate a situation. That is the time for being calm and cool. Glad everyone is safe.

Next time I would get the truck ID number and the company number off the back of the truck and report him to the company. I would also make it a point to let them know you had already called or intend to call the police and report him as soon as you hang up.

I did... DSF Industries 45309

I called and it went straight to vm. The TN State Patrol dispatcher said that it happens all the time. She said that he'd eventually get stopped because if he acted like that once, he's done it before and will certainly do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom