• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on deer feeders , whats a good value as well as cameras same question

I've got a 30 gal Moultrie feeder with timer and solar panel, I'd let go for cheap. I just need to go make sure it still works. I quit using it when hogs showed up on our property.

FYI,

Southern zone boys can feed and shoot at the same time... just ask Bill Jordan and Tate Wood

I prefer finding a natural source of water, locating the hardwoods, acorns, thorn patches, and recon for sign like crazy.

The big ones sleep in the thick stickers. Find the briar patches, water, and acorns... you will see the tracks after a good rain. Scout, recon, scent control, play the wind, and know your weapon is zeroed in.... collect it the right way.

Feed is fine with camera to see what your property has to offer... but when the hunt is on, I prefer to work for it.

Can't wait to scout a new track later this month myself!

Good luck brother!

Feeders......don't use them anymore. Where I hunt now (Southern Wilks Co) the only thing that we feed are hogs and coons with a feeder, OH and recently a bear. The feeders that make the deer stick their nose in to eat is where we were headed and worked better than any of the timer/scatter feeders for feeding just deer and they don't take batteries. Problem is the Hogs (and bear) will stand on their back legs and empty them when they discover the feed soooooo no more feeders for us.

As for the cameras, I've been using them from the time they were $500.00 and came in a ammo can with 8 D batteries. I've settled on the Cuddy back cameras, the trigger speed is less than 1/4 second and battery life is full season minimum. They're 20MP so I can blow up the pic to see everything in detail. The model I use runs between $125.00 and $150.00 depending on where you get it.
I personally look for the following in cameras.

1. Trigger speed
2. MP size
3. Battery life
4. Black light (not the bright red)
5. lockable box
6. Price

Hope this helps

I plan to try the Verizon camera this year, the idea of not having to go check SD cards appeals to me.
Now for the "There are no bears in Wilks Co people"
I__00065.JPG

I__00062.JPG

Hey, just noticed I got one of those rods the ghosts hunters talk about in the second pic.

Awesome quality pics. Love Cuddy Back cameras but the price has kept me from buying them in the past.

Now you'll have folks tell you that pic wasn't taken in Wilkes county.

Back
Top Bottom