• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on deer feeders , whats a good value as well as cameras same question

Awesome quality pics. Love Cuddy Back cameras but the price has kept me from buying them in the past.

Now you'll have folks tell you that pic wasn't taken in Wilkes county.

I went to the Cuddy Back when I got a camera for $80.00 and paid another $80.00 before the season was over in batteries. I figured what's the difference if I pay $150.00 up front of later?

I'm sure plenty will say no bears in Wilks Co, fact is I sent some of the other pics to our local Game Warden, met him on site (different feeder) and took some measurements so DNR could estimate the size of the bear. They seem to think he's an adolescent male looking for his own range and will soon return to a more "bear like" area.

IMG_9203.JPG
IMG_2154.JPG
Well after a week I have a couple of fat Raccoons and a lot of crows eating corn!

If you have an unlimited corn budget and love feeding critters and not deer, go the PVC route. These are cheap but won't pattern deer like a commercial feeder with digital timers.

View attachment 1266759

I've built Several Of these.
Just make sure you glue a good vented cap into the bottom in case rain get into hole that deer eat from....it will mold the feed quickly.
I also built a rain awning that deflects water from the feed hole.
I used a piece of corrugated plastic roof panel cut a hole shape on one end, bend around tube, drill some holes and attach mechanics wire to tie around tube.

I use the same thing to protect my trail cams from rain water.

Anti glow night vision cams are the ultimate IMO but for a good cam that works well and is easy to use I've had great luck with the wild game innovations cams.
They also make a card reader you can take in the field to read your sd cards and they have erase function to wipe out your card if needed.
Can also use a digital camera to read cards if you Already have one.
Keep spare AA batteries with you.

I've had bad luck with browning cams.

Oh..edit: Might wanna let the glue dry several days to make smelly
Vapors dissipate.

View attachment 1294173 View attachment 1294176 Well after a week I have a couple of fat Raccoons and a lot of crows eating corn!
I had one just like this in the woods on my lease, but took it out because of a fox squirrel chewing a large hole through the locking lid and the top edge of the hopper and would crawl into the barrel to feed! Even duct taped it several times and the stupid thing would rip the tape off! Needless to say it destroyed a good feeder........ I have an all metal one now from Academy with a gravity feed attachment and it is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom