• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Screwed by efile on Form 4

I would just get your money back and buy from a shop that has a range. At least you could shoot it while you wait.

Never heard of using ur suppressor while u wait......?

What if u use it and u get denied......then they have to reimburse cash and now have a used suppressor...?

Again.....never ever heard of this before.

What if u use it and u get denied......then they have to reimburse cash and now have a used suppressor...?

Yeah, all the ones I have dealt with allow you to. Any class 3 dealer has the ability to do it. Just like you can rent machineguns to let customers shoot. I had one place state that some people dont even intend on registering a suppressor. They just buy it, and get the shop to pull it out for them to use while at the range. Personally, I think that is pretty retarded from a business point of view. How many dozens or hundreds of times will the customer come in to use the suppressor? Seems employees are going to spend 5min pulling it out of inventory everytime. Unless they are considering $$$ for range time and ammo etc. If they have worked that into the equation, it would make sense.

Personally however, I refuse to take their offer of coming in and using any of my NFA items while they are in purgatory. It makes the day when you get approved that much more exciting. Using it prior to approval, would be like opening your Christmas presents 8-9 months in advance.

Personally however, I refuse to take their offer of coming in and using any of my NFA items while they are in purgatory. It makes the day when you get approved that much more exciting. Using it prior to approval, would be like opening your Christmas presents 8-9 months in advance.

This. I want it to be like christmas. Plus the fact that it will sit there dirty for 8 months just does not sit well with me.

Got back from signing the paper forms and the dealer told me they mentioned the issue to the folks at huntertown arms and they had a similar experience with a few customers forms. Could be just saying that to make me feel better but I have no reason to believe this would be the case.

ONce you use it, you own it. If you get denied, oh well. You can let the shop sell it to someone for you but probably won't be full price.

Back
Top Bottom