• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Screwed by efile on Form 4

If it makes you feel any better, my FNC took a solid 16 months from the time I bought it to when I was approved. I bought it in Sept 2012 from out of state. I called about 2-3months later to check on the the approval for form 3 transfer, and "there was a problem". Apparently they sent the FEDs the forms with the incorrect serial number. There was a letter in the serial number that was mistaken for a number. It took 6-7months to arrive to my dealer on form 3. Afterwhich it was over a 10 month wait to be approved. So my overall wait was from Sept 2012 to Dec 2013.

If it makes you feel any better, my FNC took a solid 16 months from the time I bought it to when I was approved. I bought it in Sept 2012 from out of state. I called about 2-3months later to check on the the approval for form 3 transfer, and "there was a problem". Apparently they sent the FEDs the forms with the incorrect serial number. There was a letter in the serial number that was mistaken for a number. It took 6-7months to arrive to my dealer on form 3. Afterwhich it was over a 10 month wait to be approved. So my overall wait was from Sept 2012 to Dec 2013.

Wow that's crazy. Hope it was not your first MG.

I just had the same problem, filed on 3/11 so I thought, but the ATF never got the submission. The dealer was able to resubmit while he had an ATF agent on the line to force it through, since they already had my money. The BS of the whole story is that I still have to wait 3 months even though this error is obviously with the ATF site. I also had started a Form 1 in January, but I discovered that my Form never went pending even after I paid, had to wait 2 months to get my money back and then eforms went down so I never resubmitted. Sitting here with a complete lower but I am hesitant to do this $#*t again. I feel your pain.

Back
Top Bottom