• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sellers not wanting to ship

OP, some folks just do not want to ship firearms. It is up to each and every seller. If the seller will not ship, well, find a way to go get it, or let it pass.

I don't particularly think I would want to ship anything. If I had a " Older on shelf- New in box "
item that would be easy. For me to take photos, give a description I think possibly the buyer might not like it, and I don't want a negative feedback.

Also shipping is more than tossing in the Post Office outgoing mail box. We have to wrap in protective wrapping, box, tape, label. IF WE HAVE ALL THAT STUFF JUST LAYING AROUND.

Just my reason, I would rather meet the ODTer face to face. Deal and shake hands knowing both are happy.
The PO provides the flat rate box, which has an adhesive strip (my small town post office folks usually tape the box for me too) All the shipper has to do is stuff it with old plastic shopping bags, scribble the address, pay and walk out. Not sure how this is harder than hopping in the truck that may or may not need gas, and spend 30 mins to 4 hours of your life driving to a meet and back.

The PO provides the flat rate box, which has an adhesive strip (my small town post office folks usually tape the box for me too) All the shipper has to do is stuff it with old plastic shopping bags, scribble the address, pay and walk out. Not sure how this is harder than hopping in the truck that may or may not need gas, and spend 30 mins to 4 hours of your life driving to a meet and back.

Sounds like non shippers never buy online from places like Amazon, ebay, aimsurplus , or the hundreds of other sources that include bubble wrap, and packing in their reusable cardboard boxes.

Back
Top Bottom