• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling timber (commercial thinning and pre commercial thinning)

Some foresters cruise timber for $15 a plot and that’s the end of the transaction. You do what you want with the data. A 4% commission on a sealed bid timber sale is a deal. I never did one for less than 10.
It was worth the money to me to pay him to cruise the whole property. Then me decide what I wanted to parse to sell and have him run the bid…. He still is intermediary with the logging crew and makes sure they adhere to Ga Forestry standards regarding cutting and clean up.

His commision is why he must still be working and you are retired…!

On 20 acres, I’d recommend having the take trees marked and a 100% cruise. It’s up to you on whether you’d trust a buyer to do it or splurge for a consultant. The PC thinning is going to cost you out of pocket but GFC may offer help or an incentive. Hit me up if you need any help. I’m retired but might be able to steer you in the right path depending on where your land is.
Thank you

It was worth the money to me to pay him to cruise the whole property. Then me decide what I wanted to parse to sell and have him run the bid…. He still is intermediary with the logging crew and makes sure they adhere to Ga Forestry standards regarding cutting and clean up.

His commision is why he must still be working and you are retired…!
You got a good deal for sure.

Back
Top Bottom