• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling / Trading to new members

I have done a few deals with folks who had low or no feedback. Usually after a number of PMs then phone conversation I make a deal. I had none when I joined.
That being said lots of nefarious folks about so be judicious.

Re: Carry permit etc. I thought of one asshat who insisted on seeing a carry permit , OK I have one. When we met he flashed a badge of some type and said “this is my carry permit” . In retrospect I should have said, not good enough Jackass! Anyway I am not bitter.....

I've bought and sold to newbies before without any problems. I set a meet with a retired MSG who had 100% feedback, and he ghosted me. You simply never know.

I If the person shows ID and a carry permit, that puts my mind at ease that they are a resident, and have had a solid background check, and passed it, fairly recently, like sometime in the last 5 years. I feel like if an ATF person were to question me, I can truthfully answer that I did a whole lot more than I was supposed to.

FIFY

If the ATF, FBI, CIA, NSA, NCIS, Interpol, or Men in Black were to question me, I can truthfully answer, "Sure, as soon as my lawyer can arrange to be here. Want a cup of coffee?".

FIFY

If the ATF, FBI, CIA, NSA, NCIS, Interpol, or Men in Black were to question me, I can truthfully answer, "Sure, as soon as my lawyer can arrange to be here. Want a cup of coffee?".

Be that as it may, we should all make an honest and genuine attempt to do some basic due diligence when we trade... Some of us feel that viewing a carry permit is better than not.

You don't have to agree, it's a free country...

had a guy one time axe me to sign a BOS. I picked up the rifle and started to the truck he changed that tune real quick.Kicker,I have known this guy and his dad all his life.

Back
Top Bottom