• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Senate Bill 49 - Repealing Stand Your Ground

jwhit

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
61   0
Reaction score
Hey guys. Got this email from NRA ILA. The GA State Senate is introducing legislation that would repeal GA's Stand Your Ground law, meaning, if faced with a life threatening attack, you will now have a duty to retreat instead of defending yourself.

Here's the link:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...h-anti-gun-lawmakers-trying-to-get-a-foothold

"On Monday, January 12, the 2015 legislative session began. While the 2014 legislative session in Georgia saw historic gains for law-abiding gun owners with the passage of House Bill 60, the 2015 legislative session has unfortunately begun with a direct assault on your Second Amendment rights by state Senator Vincent Fort (D-39).

Senate Bill 49, introduced by Senator Fort (D-39), would undermine current Georgia law when it comes to protecting your own life or the lives of your family by repealing the statute relating to no duty to retreat prior to the use of force in self-defense. SB 49 weakens your ability for self-defense by taking away your right to stand your ground when facing an attack. Your NRA strongly opposes SB 49 because of these unnecessary changes to current Georgia self-defense laws."

Here's the Senator introducing the bill: http://www.senate.ga.gov/senators/en-US/Member.aspx?Member=12&Session=24

Write him. Write everyone. Stand up for your right to bear arms and your right to life!

Here's the email I just sent to Senator Fort:
Not exactly certain as to why democrats always feel the need to strip law abiding citizens of their rights to self defense but I give you my word Senator, I will not hesitate to use deadly force if my life, or the lives of my family are threatened by a violent criminal, no matter what unconstitutional laws you attempt to shove down my throat. Your Senate bill will never pass anyway, but I felt the need to let you know exactly how I feel about this. Why do you believe it should be criminal for a law abiding citizen to defend their life when threatened? This is the thing you will never understand and apparently no democrats that agree with your way of thinking...Gun owners do not carry weapons to kill. We carry weapons so we can continue living. May your unlawful bill be overwhelmingly crushed so that Liberty will continue to rein in Georgia. Good day

Not exactly certain as to why democrats always feel the need to strip law abiding citizens of their rights to self defense but I give you my word Senator, I will not hesitate to use deadly force if my life, or the lives of my family are threatened by a violent criminal, no matter what unconstitutional laws you attempt to shove down my throat. Your Senate bill will never pass anyway, but I felt the need to let you know exactly how I feel about this. Why do you believe it should be criminal for a law abiding citizen to defend their life when threatened? This is the thing you will never understand and apparently no democrats that agree with your way of thinking...Gun owners do not carry weapons to kill. We carry weapons so we can continue living. May your unlawful bill be overwhelmingly crushed so that Liberty will continue to rein in Georgia. Good day
Next time submit it for corrections before sending it.

Excellent! Well done.

Back
Top Bottom