• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Senate Bill 49 - Repealing Stand Your Ground

Here is the CATO video that has an excellent history of SYG laws and the intentional lies. It starts off with a clip of the lies so wait for the response at about 1:40.

Watch this and all the details will cover why SYG laws were enacted by most states since 1986.

Senator Fort and his progressive counterparts think "Stand Your Ground" laws are racist. But what's interesting................is they are not.

Let’s Use All the Data This Time: Are Stand Your Ground Laws Racist?
Contrary to anti-rights rhetoric, black defenders are doing well in Stand Your Ground states.

http://pjmedia.com/blog/lets-use-all-the-data-this-time-are-stand-your-ground-laws-racist/

Good point, this is exactly what Jessie Jackass, Al Shark Dung, Contempt of Congress Holder, NAACP and a laundry list of race baiters claim that SYG laws are racist due to young Afro-American men be shot to death-while the justified homicide rate has tripled since 1986 and crime has tumbled to all time lows.

Consider that most black crimes are black on black then one could conclude that SYG works to the Afro-American communities benefit.

Fort is a POS and Senate Bill 49 is the best he can do.

Actually no, he has a laundry list of bills submitted that impact several areas;education, banning restoration of rights, several on voting issues, free money to no income people, medical and some honor bills to his buddies.

I posted it and would enjoy feedback hopefully constructive and educational.

If anyone is unclear on the Stand Your Ground law and what exactly this bill is proposing to repeal, here's an excellent video in which the esteemed Massad Ayoob explains the law.

This is the short version of the "breaking the lies" video I posted. I sincerely encourage everyone concerned and especially those who think that stand your ground laws are a liability to view the CATO video. It's educational in explaining the history of laws of self defense, discusses the action/reaction back in 1986 when most states began to repeal unconstitutional public gun bans and allow public carry and the actual impact.

Most importantly it explains who it protects despite race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

The common denominator with gun prohibitionist is they ignore any positive impact of lawful gun use and legal gun possession. It not what they claim but honestly what they ignore. They will take a sound bite and sensationalize it even though it may be a rare event. Do not allow them to manipulate a naïve audience with propaganda.

Become knowledgeable on the issue and retort back.

Rights have never been granted nor restored to a naïve, silenced public. Politicians attention will be focused on money and power. We give them power by vote and they will guard that vote often despite personal convictions for good or bad.

Contact all those who would steal, infringe and restrict our rights. Be polite and professional. As stated one well written letter will not make a difference but a 1000 clearly expressing a common view may and has. Some will wait to speak out until the bill is nearly a law and some will complain bitterly but not call or contact those who could make a difference.

It's best to stop these bad bills before they gain traction or fight like hell to prevent them. Silence only emboldens tyrants.

Laws don't stop criminals from causing harm to innocents so laws will not stop innocents from protecting their lives against criminals.

so I guess if I ever see this certain politician getting his head smashed in by a gentle giant in a parking lot with the butt of a gun I won't come to his defense with my CCW, I will follow his law and simply retreat.

Last edited:
Vincent Fort is a leftist playing to his leftist constituency. He is always entering bills to appease that constituency. I don't believe SB 49 will see its way out of committee. I really don't believe the legislature wants to deal with another gun bill pro or con this soon after HB60. I think they will prefer to let HB60 settle in and let the pros be happy for a while and the antis get over it for a while.

Don't let this keep you from contacting your representatives. This is just my opinion and I hope I am right.

Back
Top Bottom