• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Senate Bill 49 - Repealing Stand Your Ground

The effort you put into clearly expressing your opinions matters. i was simply offering free assistance in making sure his voice was heard, and respected.

Also, attacking someone or their party in an email that is meant to persuade someone, is a surefire way to make sure it doesn't.

I appreciate you pointing out the mistakes. That's why I asked if it was really that bad...I'm well aware my sentence structure is far from perfect. Believe it or not I was 4th grade spelling bee champ at Beulah elementary school. Yeah, you can only imagine the dumb asses at Beulah.

I cannot help pointing out the man's political party. They are the ones constantly attacking my rights as a free citizen.

If anyone is unclear on the Stand Your Ground law and what exactly this bill is proposing to repeal, here's an excellent video in which the esteemed Massad Ayoob explains the law.

The effort you put into clearly expressing your opinions matters. i was simply offering free assistance in making sure his voice was heard, and respected.

While I agree that good grammar is important, what is more important is the fact that MRH took the time to write an email to his representative. His vote counts, and his voice was heard. Whether or not the representative in question will change his stance on the topic is up for debate, but remember the Democrats just suffered on of the biggest losses in recent history. If enough of us speak up, it will make a difference.

Repealing stand your ground would be a huge loss to our right to protect ourselves in our homes and it needs to be stopped.

We have a member of the ODT who is well connected under the gold dome but he is wearing a hat right now.

I initial thought is there is no way SB 49 even gets a vote let alone through both houses. It certainly never hurts to contact your legislator.

Me too, but I would feel better knowing that I wouldn't have to go to court to defend my actions after the fact.

I completely relate but I'm not going to allow myself or my family to be a doormat for someone's political agenda, I'll take that court date

I'll take my chances with a jury should the need arise. You can check the schedule for hearings on this, or any other Bill, the hearings are open to the public and you can sign up to speak on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom